chapter 1

I feel like that could be there song.Anyway this chapter is by Andvocell_Raegree all i did was change it up a bit.
This is there work not mine only edited by me.
~warning mention of blood,violence,death,mention of sex and Allura crying~
-----------------------
Allura's pov
I was so bored.It had to be the most boring day in existence.i could feel every tick passing and it was mentally killing me. Father had left to prepare the troops for the upcoming battle, taking my cute little knight with him. I sighed in boredom and leaning back in my chair, my hair spilling over the edges and pooling slightly below my head.

Elyse. Elyse Hunter.

I knew i loved her. From the day she held her sword in front of her face, bowing to me and swearing her allegiance, i knew she was the one. I knew my father wouldn't be happy about me dating a girl, after all a woman cannot be a king. I couldn't care less, i love Elyse and she loves me and thats that.
With a quick swipe of my hand, i summoned my knight and alerted her to meet me in the castle.

I looked up as a door opened, heavy, armor-clad footsteps ringing throughout the large room. I sat up just in time to see my beautiful knight stride in her face stoic, but fighting a smile.
She was always happy.
"My queen" she addressed me, bowing down, her hair falling in her face, and holding her hand over her heart. I smiled at her, standing up slowly as i walked towards her. She kept her head bowing, remaining in a respectful position.
"Rise my love,no need for formalities behind closed doors" i murmured in her ear just loud enough to make her body shiver. I smirked. The larger woman stood straight, her arms resting at her sides
"King Alfor" she whispered her eyes looking behind me. I quickly moved away just as the sound of my father's footsteps echoed in the hall. She smiled at me, a beautiful enriching thing. I felt myself blush as i looked away, embarrassed at my own carelessness. My father strode up to my knight as she dropped to one knee once a again, holding her hand to her chest again as she addressed him. I saw my father smile a sad smile as he permitted her to stand.
"My king, you have summoned me?"Elyse asked formally, her arms strained to her side. Her face was emotionless, all evidence of our greeting gone.
"Yes General Elyse, you are my most elite knight, one of my most favored generals. The troops you have trained are the best ever trained of this generation and to be trained on Altea ever. Elyse i would like you to be my personal knight when we fight on our next battle with Zarkon" Alfor asserted, staring the female knight down as he watched closing for a reaction. But still her face still stayed emotionless. I could feel my heart sink below Altea's core.

'No,no no. Elyse. Don't say yes.Refuse his offer.For my sanity and your life. please say no'

I glanced over at her, praying she would see my desperate face and she'd decline. Her face remain emotionless as she stared back at my father. A painful moment passed, the thud of my heart blaring in my ears as i waited for her reaction. She wasn't hesitating. She was gauging at my father's face for any trace of deeper emotion. I felt my fingers twitch in nervousness and anticipation.
"I would be honored, my king" Elyse responded strongly, dropping to one knee once again. I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces at hearing that. My father's face did not home his usual smile, rather a concerned look.
"Elyse, you surely know the risks?" Alfor asked, resting his hand on the knights shoulder.
"Of course, my king. I excepted those risks the day i joined your army" Elyse responded calmly. My father visibly relaxed.
"Good, then........there is no need for me to address them?" He asked hesitantly. I knew the reason for his hesitation; he didn't want to kill a young girl. If she walked into this unknowingly, her blood would be on his hands.
"If you would like to, my lord, you may" Elyse responded wisely. My father sighed grabbing her shoulder tightly. Her armor kept her from feeling his touch, but she could be seen visibly tensing.
"I'm not going to lie to you Elyse, you are going to die, this war will be the worst war Altea has ever seen, and many if not all our troops will die, you included in that majority" my father responded dryly, his eyes filling with tears. Elyse stood strong, the rock for both my father and myself at the moment.
"My king, it would be a great honor to die by your side" Elyse confirmed, hitting her fist against her heart saluting to my father. For the first time ever that salute sickened me. I wanted nothing more than for it to never exist, i wanted to slap Zarkon in the face and stop his war altogether so my lover can die old with me instead of unwillingly dying young because he basically turned into a drug addict. I watched as my father struggled to fight his emotions for the young female, her unwavering strength, her determination to stay by his side even in death.
"My child" my father said, tears streaming down his face. Elyse's face softened as she opened her arms for my father. He quickly engulfed her in his arms ,sobbing into her shoulder. She rubbed his back, remaining silent. The sight was sad,and the sadness was unbearable. My father clung to his noble knight tightly, his mind refusing to accept that she was probably going to die in the next battle and was willing to do as well. Finally, he pulled away from her. With his tear streaked face, my father did the unthinkable. He bowed to his most noble and trustworthy knight, saluting her from the floor.
"general hunter. You are a worthy person, and i am proud that my daughter fell in love with you, you have my blessing" my father sobbed.
"I am honored to be lucky enough to have her reciprocate those feelings, my lord i humbly accept your blessing"Elyse responded ,bending down to fold her arms over my father. The hug was awkward but that's how Elyse like things like that. Out of the ordinary and sort of awkward, but effective. My father sobbed louder.
"general Elyse" i commanded. I tried not to let my voice waiver too much.She responded immediately, standing up straight at my attention. Her green eyes bore deeply into my blue ones. Holding contact was difficult so i looked away.
"Yes, princess?"she addressed me. I hated how perfect and innocent she sounded like she didn't just agree to die by my fathers side.
"We need to 'have a talk' follow me"I commanded ,beckoning her with a stiff finger. It hurt to move, breath and think. I could hear her accepting her death from my own father like it was a special blessing. It took my own will to not scream at her to beg her to take it back, to stand with me and to protect me.