𝕋 𝕙 𝕣 𝕖 𝕖

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*゚゚*'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

R•E•Y•'S P•O•V

'Take my hand, please...'

Was that...? No, it couldn't be... Could it?

Was that Ben's voice calling out to her?

Rey was dead, she knew that but she didn't feel dead. On the contrary, she felt like she was waking up from a sleep which had been going on for centuries. She felt Ben's presence in the Force and could sense his anguish and despair.

'...Please... Rey...'

Then Rey noticed that she could feel her body again, along with a gentle pressure on her abdomen, a hand. Rey listened to Ben's voice and placed her hand on-top of the hand. Her eyesight became clear and she found herself locked in the concerned gaze of Ben Solo.

As Ben helped her set up, Rey didn't say anything, drinking up the moment. It was Ben Solo, not Kylo Ren, who gazed at her. This was the person who she shared her bond with, this was the person who she still believed in. This was Ben Solo, the person who saved her life.

"Ben..." she breathed, a smile forming on her face. Hesitantly, Rey cupped Ben's cheek with her hand and leaned in, slightly pausing before fully closing the gap between them, placing her lips on his. She didn't know what made her kiss him, she just knew it was right. Ben immediately depended the kiss but he was still tender and Rey was acutely aware of the fact that her other hand was on the back of his neck, her fingers brushing his night black hair.

After what felt like forever, the two broke apart. Ben smiled at Rey, he actually smiled at her, a cheeky little grin adorning his face. Rey drowned in Ben's enchanting eyes and it stayed that way for a few seconds until Rey saw Ben's smile slip from his face.

"Ben?" Within a second, Ben started to fall backwards, pulling Rey down with him. Rey lay him down gently, fighting the sinking feeling in her stomach.

She held back her tears as she saw Ben's eyes turn glassy. No, she thought to herself angrily, There is no way I am going to allow you to leave me too! I've lost too many people, you are not going to become one of them! Rey placed her hands on Ben's face, her tears falling silently on his skin.

"Be with me." Rey choked out on her tears, her thumb brushing over the scar which she'd given him on Starkiller Base, "Be with me. Be with me." She pulled Ben upright and cling to him, a guttural sound escaping from her throat. She kept repeating those three little words like a mantra, her voice increasing in volume every time.

Soon she found herself screaming, the Force crackling with energy around her. In fact, she conjured up so much Force Energy that it surrounded Ben and herself, trapping them in the eye of the storm she had made unknowingly. Rey's hair had been taken out of her usual style and was whipping behind her. The storm was so strong that it had blasted through the Sith Temple and, like Palpatine, attacked the ships, only this time it was the remains of the Final Order which the Force lightning attacked, completely astounding and confusing everyone on Exegol.

Without warning, everything fell silent. The storm vanished leaving behind the sound of Rey's jagged breaths.

"I took your hand, Ben. I wanted to be with you." Rey's breath was raspy, her face buried in his shoulder muffling her voice. "So why aren't you here?" She lowered her voice to a whisper, "Why did you leave me when it wasn't your time to go?"

Rey didn't expect an answer but the deep tone startled her. A lot.

"I didn't want to leave you, Rey." Upon hearing the voice, Rey burst into tears. It was Ben, her Ben. "It was never my intention to hurt you." Ben's lips were almost touching her ear, she could feel his warm breath tickling her skin. "I'm so sorry Rey."

His hands were in her hair and she could feel him twisting parts of it around. Rey smiled softly and looked up at Ben.

"You came back to me Ben, that's all that matters." But before she could say anything else, there was a rumble and chunks of stone started to fall from above.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*゚゚*'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*