"I do," replied Luigi, holding up the item in question.

"Excellent! You'll need to install it near the big clock face," Gadd told him. "And here—don't forget our precious clock hands." The scientist handed Luigi the hour and minute hands as he spoke.

Luigi stowed everything away as Gadd laughed.

"It's a good thing you have such deep pockets in those overalls!" he said brightly.

"Tell me about it," said Luigi.

"All right, youngster," said Gadd. "It's showtime! Get to the top of the Clock Tower, and find that Dark Moon piece."

"You should have your guard up, too," added Zed. "The Possessor ghost is likely at the top of the tower."

"Be careful, and look lively!" Fred sang out.

"Okay," said Luigi.

"We believe in you!" Fred and Zed said in unison as Gadd activated the Pixelator.

...

When Luigi arrived at the Clock Tower Gate, he used his old mechanic skills to repair it. First, he attached the clock hands to the large clock face. Then, he screwed the rotor in the slot next to it. As soon as the rotor was in place, both hands automatically moved to the twelve o'clock position.

"Okay," he said. "Now how do I open it?"

Luigi glanced around for clues and saw a smaller clock which read 7:30. Deciding to give it a shot, he spun the rotor until the clock hands on the gate matched the time given on the smaller clock. Smoothly, the gate lifted to reveal a door which took Luigi into the movements.

The place was teeming with gears and rotors, and Luigi found that the latter would raise the long platform he was currently standing on. Using his vacuum to blow on the rotors, Luigi slowly ascended to the top of the clock tower, finding gold coins, gold bars, dollar bills and even one last ruby along the way. He realized that he should've taken a dump before Gadd sent him on this mission. Whatever the Possessor had in mind, Luigi was definitely not looking forward to it. Shaking his head, he plugged in his earbuds and found a good playlist on Spotify to psych himself up.

When Luigi reached the top of the movements, he walked through a door into the belfry. A mountain of crates was on either side of him, but he paid them no mind, striding purposefully toward the ladder up ahead. However, he didn't account for the spring in front of the ladder, which catapulted him out of a small door and into the starry sky. His limbs flailed, and he screamed as he tumbled up into space—and then back down onto what appeared to be the belfry clock. Fortunately, he emerged more stunned than injured.

"Wow..." Luigi breathed as he got to his feet and studied his surroundings. The belfry clock was massive, powered by the myriad of gears which constantly turned. Mounted atop the belfry clock was a large birdhouse, presumably reserved for the wooden cuckoo.

He reached over and closed the door he'd been launched out of, only for the Possessor to fly out and confront him. Laughing, the Possessor circled Luigi a few times before hovering over the belfry clock and casting some sort of magic upon it. Gasping, Luigi jumped back as the clock's hands started winding backwards, the numbers on the clock face disappearing. Then, the Possessor gave one final laugh before darting into the birdhouse.