23:

(This video helps visualize the chapter)

He held my hand all the way downstairs to his room in the basement.

His footsteps loud and echoing in the halls.

Like the gentleman he was, he opened the door and signaled me to go in first. I entered the tea scented room, after looking at him.

"Would you like some tea?" He offered, changing the tone he had displayed upstairs.
He took off his jacket hanging it on the coat rack on the wall.

"Yes please." I nodded.

He smiled and placed the water to boil.
I sat down on the cushion and glanced and watched him look in his cabinets.

I had to admit, his room was probably the largest in the mansion. It was like a whole dance studio , I hadn't been able to see the whole thing since the curtain was majorly covering the whole place.

It was dimly lit, but I'd call it very calming.
"So, are my friends okay?" I asked breaking the ice.

"Yes, I checked. I asked Johnny to look into it. He said they are a bit spooked but fine. However, he mentioned...the cops are involved in finding you."

"The cops?" I asked, a bit to hopeful. Making him glance at me. He nodded. Behind the smile he gave me, was a hint of authority.

Like giving me a warning. That if I tried to escape, there was nothing he could do to save me.

"Yes, and to top that off. Zuley's friends seem to be cops there too. Who happen to still be looking for her."

"Thats the Tea sis." I muttered.

"Oh your right the tea! Let me get it."

I awkwardly laughed. He was a boomer.
But that just made him cuter.

He served me tea in the same cup he had served me before. "It's Tila Tea, it helps you calm down and sleep very well."

"Ah thanks." I smiled and took a good sniff of it.

He nodded and took a seat in front of me. He held his cup in between his hands.

I noticed something on his hands. Bruises.
He noticed me staring at them. "They are from..hitting people."

I was startled at hearing him say it calmly.

"Oh but don't worry, I'll never hit you." He smiled. "I'd never dare to." He awkwardly took a sip from his tea. His eyes looking away from mine. His cheeks a slight shade of pink.

He was cute. I smiled and took a sip from my tea. Him being awkward is very cute.

"Uhm. Y/n." I glanced up, meeting eyes with him. "Would you like to stay the night in my room?"

I didn't know what to answer. I just silently stared at him as I lowered my tea cup.

"Because well...I'm scared Taeyong might go to your room and hit you. I'd prefer if you were somewhere I could protect you."

He placed his tea cup down neatly and smiled.

"Sure. I'll stay here."

He got to his feet. "Allow me to make my room more presentable." 

"No it's fine." I smiled. "I actually like your room. It's quite calming."

"You think so? I'd say the opposite. It's quite a terrible place."

"Why?" I asked as I finished taking the last sip from my teacup.

"This room has seen, heard, and felt various things that I shouldn't say. I'd call this place, the monsters den."