Chapter 6 - Old Tragedies

Začít od začátku

Ky gripped his left arm and let out a breath to calm himself down, since he knew what returning to his old home would bring. He suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder which caused him to look over a concerned Ruby.

"You okay?" She asked in a soothing tone.

"I...I don't really know, Rosebud..." Ky admitted running a hand through his hair. "I thought I was ready for this after talking with Ap, but I don't know.."

After about a minute of silence, Ruby lifted her hand and poked his nose, getting is attention again. "Then why don't we put your heart in a better place before we go in there." She looked thoughtful for a moment before she snapped her fingers. "Ah! Why don't you tell me about the Star King!?"

Ky was taken aback by her sudden enthusiasm and stars in her eyes. "Oh...! Um really? You want to hear more about the Star King?"

Ruby nodded her head rapidly. "Yeah! You've never actually told me any of those stories that you like despite how much you talk about loving them!"

Ky scratched his cheek. "Wow...! You're right I've never actually told you one of their stories Rosebud! Ha! My bad!" He grinned and put his hands behind his head and began thinking. "Hmmm... Now what would be a good story..."

"What kinda guy do you supposed the Star King was?" Ruby mused all of a sudden.

"A special one, I believe" The bluenette chuckled. "He was the first ine line to be selected as King."

"Really?" Ruby asked, more curious in the story now.

"Yeah. He was the one who founded Lucis . But no one even remembers his real name."

"What do you mean?"

none of the books told his real name, just his alias, ever since his reign as King, there have been 144 kings in total."

"Wait really?" Ruby looked surprised at that.

"Haha, I know right? I had the same reaction when I first read about it"

"Do you know their names?"

Ky hummed in thought. "Well I only know most of their names actually, but I can try to remember them, let's see... Oh! There was Tonitrus Lucis Caelum, one of the kings who was famous for his personality; to his people, a kind, loving, and just king; to his enemies, a veritable demon of merciless brutality. He is known to have wielded a great mace. There was also Severus, He was a king known by his girth and strength, alluded to like that of a mountain. He was known to have wielded a chainsaw-like greatsword-"

Ruby's eyes lit up as she cut him off. "OOOOOO! What kind did he have!? Was it part gun too?! Or was it REALLY big?! Did it look like a legendary weap-"

Ky put a finger on Ruby's lips to get her to stop weapon nerding out. "Geez! Relax, Rosebud. I'll get to that just let me actually start the story!" He laughed.

Ruby put her head down and starts pointing her two fingers together: "Hehehe...sorry" She sheepishly. "...I'll listen now."

"Heh, and one of the Kings' daughter, Princess Crepera, she was believed to be the first queen to rule, she was a secretive queen who hid her face from the public's prying eyes and focused on leading Lucis through crisis. While her deeds were met with praise in the years after her passing, she was shrouded in mystery during her reign, which earned her the nickname 'the Rogue.' After her, was Inanis, Queen Crepera's only son who found no boundary to the land and wandered the world, going where no man had gone before, he acted as his mother's eyes and ears. He is known to have wielded twin swords that could combine into an enormous besieging weapon. There was also Caligo, A king said to have lived in times of chaos, who rose as a champion that united the Lucian continent and fought for his peoples, allowing them to usher in a great age of prosperity. He was known to have wielded a halberd. And Lividus, A king said to be well versed in the arts, be it the physical, the intellectual, martial, or that of skill. He is known to have wielded a crossbow.  I think that's it"