Chapter 42. You love her, don't you?

Start from the beginning

.
.
.

Anthony's POV

I took one last glance at my little sister who had passed out in Gio's arms while he carried her, before I turned around to walk out of the pack house.

"She's going to be heartbroken. Do you really have to do this?" Gio's voice stopped me on my tracks.

I know. Hell I knew it from the start that she'll never let me die. She'd create a fuss over the matter but wouldn't allow me to go with the plan. After all,  she was my one and only tantrum throwing sister. Note the sarcasm.

But I have to do this, no matter what. For Carla.

"She'll have to understand why I did this," were the last words I said before heading out.

I quickly stripped off behind a tree, shifted into my wolf form, held my clothes in my snout and ran towards the cemetery. I have to visit Gini's grave one last time before I die.

My footsteps came to a halt near a cliff as I spotted something or rather someone on my way to the graveyard.

Kiana?

What is she doing here?
Near the cliff. Next to a cemetery.

Kiana got out of her car and looked around as if checking if someone was around. I quickly hid behind a tree before she could spot me and shifted back to my human form and got dressed pretty fast.

For some reason her actions are doubt-provoking. Once confirmed no  one was around, she jogged over to the trunk of the car and opened it. My jaw almost dropped to the floor when I saw what was inside it.

Ariana was unconsciously laid on the trunk with her hands and legs wound in ropes and a cloth wrapped around her mouth.

What the actual fuck? Wasn't she supposed to be with Daniel? How the heck did she get abducted by Kiana? Useless Daniel couldn't even take care of a single woman. Now, I have to be the rescuer. Why do I feel like a pathetic monk here? Nope, I'm not rescuing anyone. Daniel can have the privilege to do that.

I watched Kiana's every move intently not yet jumping into the scene myself. I want to see what she's actually planning to do or how far she can go. While my eyes were still trained on Kiana who was busy looking at Ariana's unconscious form, I hurriedly fished out my phone from my jeans pocket and dialed the stupid his highness' number,

"What?!" The one and only, Prince Daniel Rodriguez snapped in his signature cold voice although there was a hidden annoyance and impatience right now.

Oh, so he figured that his beloved wife is missing.

"Well. Well. Well. Look who it is. The great Daniel Rodriguez and his signature coldness," I said sardonically while my eyes still stayed focused on Kiana who was trying to get Ariana out of the trunk.

"What the heck, Anthony? I have other matters to look after. Stop messing around," and before he could hang the call, I blurted out.

"Kiana kidnapped Ariana."

.
.
.
.

Daniel's POV

Kiana kidnapped Ariana.

The moment I heard those words, I was hot on my tail to rush over to the place where Anthony told me he was.

Near the cliff.

I didn't even bother telling Ariel what had happened. She was already traumatised after hearing about Carla. I didn't want to give her another reason to worry for.