Chapter 5. Married

If you don't heal what hurt you, you'll bleed on people who didn't cut you.

~Pinterest

Ariana's POV

Being married is something I've never imagined myself to find in. I've always thought my mate would be the one to sweep me of my feet and give me the happiness I so desperately wanted. Marriage never came into the frame.

I didn't expect my mate to turn out to be the man who didn't wanted me a least bit. I didn't expect myself to get married to the arrogant prince.

Expectation.

That word itself has no meaning.

If it did I wouldn't find myself in Daniel's room right now--I'm not going to call him prince anymore because he's no gentlemen. As night came all too soon, Ariel had suggested--no forced--Daniel to let me sleep in his room since I was his wife now and an emotionless Daniel gave in to his sister's request.

I now wore a simple white night gown changing from my wedding gown. I looked around the beautiful room trying to figure out what to do next. I wasn't a least bit sleepy and Daniel wasn't in his room which is a good thing. So, what should I do with my temporary freedom?

I scanned my eyes around the room trying to find something interesting but all I could see was antiques, portraits, the huge king-sized bed, the large window that had red colour velvet curtains draped on it and a bookshelf.

Wait, a bookshelf?

I gazed at the bookshelf. My eyes training on the many books that were arranged in proper order. Deciding to pick a book for a read, I walked over to the bookshelf. My fingers trailed on the neatly arranged books as I tried to find a title that could catch my eyes but all I found was books related to politics and werewolf history. I rolled my eyes.

Ofcourse, Daniel Rodriguez is a boring man.

My eyes suddenly caught sight of a book at the corner of the shelf with a particular year written on it. I picked it from the shelf suddenly feeling interested in it. It looked like a diary--a journal, and it wasn't hard to guess whose journal it could be.

I know it's not right to read someone's diary but I'm just going to take a peek so it's not that wrong, right?

I opened the diary to find a woman's picture staring back at me. 'She is beautiful' is the first thought that came when I saw her picture. She looked like she was in her early twenties and had these bright grey eyes, blood red lips and lovely pale skin.

Kiana

The name was written at the bottom of the picture. Just as I tried to get a closer look of the picture, the diary was snatched from my hand.

I looked up and found Daniel staring at me. His eyes were filled with raw anger and I found myself gulping.

"Just because Ariel let you stay in my room, it doesn't mean you're allowed to touch anything present here," his voice had it's signature coldness but I didn't miss the anger in his eyes.

I must admit Daniel Rodriguez is the only man I met who has a lot of anger in himself and still manages to control his cool.

I wanted to argue with him for speaking to me that way but it was pointless anyways.

So, I nodded without a word and headed towards the bed. Just as I was about to lay on the bed, he spoke again.

"You're not sleeping on the bed," he ordered placing the diary back in the shelf.

So he was going to treat me like my father did? No problem. I had faced enough of my father's tantrums and this wasn't going to make me feel down.

And what was I thinking? How could I just go and sleep on his bed? He would probably sleep on the bed and I won't ever share the bed with him! I am totally crazy to try to sleep there.

Taking the extra sheet from the bed, I got up and started to spread the sheet on the floor.

"What are you doing?" He asked making my head tilt in confusion.

Didn't he just say that I wasn't allowed to sleep on the bed?

"You said not to sleep there," I pointed towards the bed. He gazed at the bed then at me.

"Yes, I did. Though, I didn't say you to sleep on the floor. You can use the couch. That's if you want. Don't think I'm being considerate or something," he turned around walking towards his closet acting as if he didn't say anything.

A smile tugged on my lips as I laid on the couch.

He wasn't that bad after all.