Bonus Chapter

▪︎ Ariana's POV ▪︎

I was laughing so hard.

Rachel—whose almost three years old now—had bound Daniel's hair in cute colourful ponytails and he looks so damn hilarious. 

"Dada, you wook wevy pwetty!" Our daughter squeals in her barely understandable language raining sloppy kisses all over Daniel's face and pulls at his cheeks almost brutally.

When Rachel was born two-and-a-half years ago, I and Daniel fell in love with her the first time we laid our eyes on the little bundle. She has my turquoise eyes and Daniel's midnight hair. Even though she can barely form proper sentences, she's a chatterbox. Like she talks a lot. And she also loves to show her affections to her Mama and Dada with her hugs and clinginess.

The fact that Daniel is amused himself is even more funnier than the flabbergasted look he passes Rach as she yells out for everyone to come look at her 'bootifool and pwetty' Dada.

I keep giggling at the whole ordeal and Daniel quickly snaps his attention my way with an accusing gaze although there's a certain softness to them.

'You put the idea in her head.' He says through our mind-link indicating about how I suggested Rach that her Dada would look prettier than her Mama with the ponytails.

'You look wevy pwetty though.' I shot back imitating Rach's voice. Daniel bites back a smile at the googly eyes I throw his way.

'He does look nice.' Selene, my wolf, laughed along before retreating into the back of my mind.

She started appearing back slowly by slowly in the last few years since I and Daniel mated. She still talks less and it's mostly about Carlos, Daniel's wolf, but she does talk.

I can hear her voice and it makes me so happy. These days, she lets me shift as well.

I'm bought back to the present when I feel a soft kiss on my forehead.

I glance up at Daniel who's gazing down at me lovingly as Rachel runs out the room with her short legs and floppy steps, shutting the door behind her to gather Cami and lords know who.

"What was that for?" I ask with a smile.

He pouts at that, "Can't I kiss my wife without a reason?"

"Sure you can." I roll my eyes at him and get up from the bed where Rach, him and I were sprawled on seconds ago.

Not even half a step ahead towards the door to get the little jumpy girl, I'm pulled back by a warm hand grasping my wrist. With a single tug, I go tumbling backwards and on top of Daniel who's laying on the bed on his back.

My hands flatten on his hard chest and his arms go around my waist as he lazily grins at me, "So, wifey. Let's go out tonight? Just you and me."

"What about Rachel?" I quirk a brow at him smiling myself.

"I could invite Anthony here so she can tie ponytails on his head? And we can go then?" He suggests.

I wound my arms around his neck, "That'd be fun if Anthony is free. He has a kingdom to run, doesn't he?"

Daniel pouts again,"Would you like for me to run a kingdom as well?"

"No, I want you all for myself. Women already fumble around you enough even after knowing you're married and have a daughter." I grumble remembering just how yesterday a beautiful courtier lady threw herself on Daniel in front of me.

Daniel chuckles tightening his hold around me, "Jealous, are we?" His lips morphs into a cocky grin.

"Never." I lie, narrowing my eyes at him.