07 ~ FIRST WIN

Depuis le début

Please don't let anyone catch us, God, please.

"What? Is someone there? Are we caught?" I ask anxiously, as I quickly close the lid of the bottle, ready to bolt out of the room. 

"No, no. Everything's fine. I was just asking, is it done yet?" 

"Oh god! Are you freaking kidding me, Ben?" I whisper sharply, as my nerves start settling down.

"I'm sorry, I was just a bit worried, you were taking so long," he replies, grimly.

"It's done. I'm coming out. Gimme a minute," I  say and end the call.

Putting my phone and the itchy powder back into my pocket. I fold his pants up neatly again and put it back inside his locker and close it as I make my way out of the room.

We head back to the stadium and it's the second period already. Our team is competing against Maverick Public High School. As I've heard they are just as good as our team and it's the first match of the season, hence the energy is oozing out of the stadium. 

We both sit back with the rest of our friends, while all of them are busy watching the match, Kyle throws us a questioning glance. I smile at him and sit beside Amelia, but she's so engrossed in the match she doesn't even notice me. 

I don't know much about hockey because my last school didn’t have a hockey team but what I see now is that it’s pretty intense. Everyone's sliding past each other trying to shoot a goal. 

A big guy who's probably six five or something slides toward Roman and slams him hard into the plexi. His whole body jerks back and my eyes bug out.

From what little of his face is visible through his helmet, I watch him as he scrunches his face in pain, and I wince.

He tries to stand back again and luckily he's able to get back on the ice again. I'm so amazed right now because it's a shock he's still playing after being slammed so hard, I would've probably broken a bone or two but no one's paying him much attention, so I guess it's normal in this game.

Soon Logan flicks a shot past Maverick's goalie. The scoreboard lights up and the whole crowd erupts in cheers. The buzzer signals the end of the game and our team has won the match by 2-1.

The players are shouting and clapping each other's backs. The crowd is still cheering and everyone's laughing or grinning. All in all everyone's happy with the first win as Garret claps Roman's back and I look at him just in time to see him wince.

"He's going to have a helluva bruise," Amelia says beside me.

"He'll live," I comment.

We all make our way outside the stadium when someone grabs my shoulder and my whole body tenses. I look back and relax when I see Kyle frowning at me.

"Where were you during the start of the match, Avery?" He asks as he looks at me pointedly.

"I was putting my plan in action," I answer, innocently.

"You're still continuing this war?" Both of his eyebrows shoot up.

"Of course! You were there when he pulled off his revenge Kyle. Did you think I would let him get away with that?" I reply and start walking. I know where he is going with this conversation and I don't want to talk about it.

"This is not a kid's game, Avery. From what I saw you've started a big war and Roman doesn't know how to lose. He'll do everything in his power to win, why don't you understand that?" He says as he matches my stride. It looks like he's trying to point something out from his tone but I don't know what the big deal is. 

"I can handle Roman, believe me, and why are you being so protective of me, you don't even know me that much!" I reply in frustration as I stop and look at him and that's where I see my fault, I shouldn't have said that, he's just trying to help me. Die already, Avery.

"Look, you're my friend and I'm just trying to help you. He's like a male version of you, Avery. The two of you together definitely means some serious damage. Not to mention, one of you will definitely lose and it won't be pretty. I don't want you to get hurt."

"And it won't be me, Kyle. One I'm nothing like him, two what's the big deal?" I reply, getting annoyed with each passing second.

"My point is, this is not going to end well." He replies.

"We'll see when that happens but until then just help me with everything. I know for a fact that I'm winning right now," I say as I skip my way towards the parking lot, leaving him behind.

I know, I'm being mean to him, but I can't help it. I don't want to think about the consequences right now because, for the first time in four years, I'm having fun. I can let myself loose and not worry about what’s the next gossip that will spread like a wildfire about me. I can go out and have fun and not be cooped up in my house.

And Roman is like a breath of fresh air. He doesn't fall all over me like the boys back in Sea Crest. No-one has ever challenged me as he does and I have this weird urge to not give up, to live up to his expectations, to challenge him back, to show him that I'm not like his other normal girls. 

My mind wanders back to the plan and I sigh happily. Now, I just have to wait until tomorrow to hear the gossip in the school about how Roman kept scratching his balls.

 Now, I just have to wait until tomorrow to hear the gossip in the school about how Roman kept scratching his balls

Hey, there amazing people! ❤

Did you guys like this chapter?

TEASER ~ SOMEONE WILL END UP IN AN ER!!

Until the next chapter 🌚

Happy reading ;)

Kiara 🖤