chapter 8

SAMEER'S POV

A year later:

Its been a year since Adeel's wife died but still no improvement in him. Since that time he became awfully quiet, Always having mood swings and even suicidal thoughts because on two occasions, I've walked on him about to commit suicide. He keeps saying his life has no meaning and its better he's gone for good.

Our personal project has been on pending since past few month. He has become really annoying but because I understand what he's going through and I can't leave him this way he'll just become more worse. And also we've been friends since college I need to do something before everything goes more worse.
I am standing in Adeel's apartment and the view in front is horror. The whole house looks unkempt full of smashed flower vases, broken dishes and mugs.
And then Adeel himself is looking twice his age. He needs to shave and trim his hair I wonder when last he did that. His eyes are looking bloodshot and dark.

"Adeel you really need to move on. You can't keep living in darkness forever, you need to stay strong if not for everyone but for your daughter" I said

"I'm really trying to, OK? At least I've changed a little bit" he said and I looked at him worriedly

"No you've not!you really need to go out and meet with people, get your hair trimmed and shave those beards that makes you look older than..." But before I could finish he interrupted me

"Yes about the project, we need to ask the architect to come over so that we can discuss about how our company is gonna look like" I looked at him with wide eyes shaking my head at how fast he changed the topic.

"So, you mean what I was talking about doesn't make sense Uh? Well I called the architect and he said he's going to be in Mumbai on Sunday so we can meet him on Monday. You know Mr siddiq is one of the best architects in the whole of India"
"Well that sounds nice" he said

"Adeel, don't you think you need a caretaker or probably a...wi...fe to take care of you and this house. You look really shabby and the whole house is in shamble"

"Thank you. I don't need a caretaker or "probably" a wife!" He snapped back. Then I replied
"Then I know what to do then. If you don't wanna listen to me you should be able to face uncle ji and Aunty ji"
"Sameer!" He called my name but I shrugged making my way to the door.
"Then you need to listen to me" I replied over my shoulder leaving his apartment.

I really need to talk to uncle ji about Adeel. We can't just sit and look at him this way and we definitely need to find a way.

.................................................

On Sunday I came to visit uncle ji and aunty ji about Adeel. They were both surprised to see me. "As salam alaikum" I greeted both of them
" wa alaikumu salam Sameer beta! How are you? Its been a long time since I saw you" uncle said.
"I'm very fine thank you. I'm here to see you about something really important"
"Make your self comfortable...I need to take care of hassanah. I'll be right back" then Aunty left and we took our seat.

"It about Adeel" I blurted. He furrowed his brows and asked
"I hope all is well?"
"Yes. Just that I'm worried about him. He has been the ghost of himself since that incident. He needs help. The state I met him the other time I saw him was really terrible he needs to move on but he seem to be buried in his past" uncle remained silent then I continued

"I thinks he needs a caretaker or probably a wife but he keeps saying he needs no help"

"You're right. We need to help him but I doubt if he's going to accept any marriage now. But we'll just keep talking to him. I'll send our maid to help him go clean up his house. I'll inform layla about it.Thank you so much beta, Adeel is so lucky to have you as his friend" I gave him a slight laughter and replied
"After all Adeel is ours, let's find solution to his problems as soon as possible. I would take my leave now" I stood up walking towards the door
"Sure...but don't you want some tea and snacks?" Uncle asked
"No I'm fine sir thank you extend my greetings to layla Aunty"
"No problem"he replied and I smiled closing the door behind me.

As salam alaikum warahmotullah wabarakatuhu!
Guys I'm sorry for late updates and I'll try to update more often.

Don't forget to like comment and share😋💕💕💕