chapter 5

Adeel's POV:

I was playing with my lovely wife Fatima she look so beautiful in her pink floral gown when all of a sudden she told me she have to leave for an important work and I held her had to stop her from leaving"Jaan promise me you'll never leave me"
"I promise I wouldn't. I want to be with you as much as you do"
"But do you really have to go?"
"Haan. If it isn't very important I wouldn't have gone"
"But please don't leave me...please"
Then she released her had from her hold and started moving backwards. I was worried and kept on calling her name but she didn't even answer then she left
"Fatimaaaaa"

I woke up from my dream calling  out her name. I was panting out so heavily. I looked at my side I saw sameer having his peaceful sleep. I stood up and took a slow stride to the bathroom at least to see if I'll see her but I was disappointed. Then reality struck me, she is gone forever, She's dead, she's no more coming back.
For a moment I felt my breath stuck in my throat. I couldn't breath. I was feeling very thirsty and I needed water. So I went to the kitchen to get water, as I entered all the memories keeps flooding back. I still remember the day we had a batter fight we wanted to bake a cake

Flashback:
"Please Pass me the flour Adeel" I stood still staring at her and smiling widely trying to suppress my chuckle. "Adeeeeeeeel" she said again feigning anger she looks so cute. "What are you staring at uhn?" Then I brought out my phone and showed her her face. There was butter on her forehead and cheeks. She gasped and took some flour and rub it all over my face too. I was looking so funny and she started laughing at me too. Then I took flour and rub it on her cheeks too and  she started running after me to do her own.

Flashback ends

A lone tear and a sad smile left my lips. My heart was aching so badly. I don't think I can leave here anymore. But where do I go? I can't live in the house I bought either I'll feel more hurt.
I drank the water and went straight to my room.
I sat on the bed and lean against the headboard I couldn't sleep any longer. It was already 2am and since then I couldn't sleep a wink.

In the morning after subhi I managed to sleep and woke up around 10am in the morning. I went into the bathroom and stare at the mirror. I was looking so unkept, my hair was in a rough lock, I have dark circles and bags under my eyes. I was looking too shabby. I brushed my teeth and took my bath managed to brush my hair and dress up in my office attire and went downstairs.
Aunty ji was already serving breakfast. "Adeel beta...here you are. But wait, why are you dressed in suit?" Uncle ji asked
"Work" I replied shortly. "Don't you think you need to stay? You look so sick and unkept" he continued "I'm fine uncle ji" I said moving towards the entrance of my house. "Wait! Ain't you going to have breakfast?"
"I'll do once I get to the office" I replied and left without giving them any chance to talk

............................................

I was at the office when the boss sent for me and I went. "You sent for me sir" I said as soon as I entered his office "yes, actually I want to make a sincere condolence to you about your deceased wife, I'm really sorry about what happened. May the dear lord heal your heart"
"Amen thank you sir"
"If you need a leave or something  inform me"
"Okay sir thank you" with that I went back to my office engrossed in work again

It was already past nine in the evening I was still busy with work since there was no one I was going to meet. I was carried away with work when my boss's secretary came to my cabin" Mr Akhtar, you're still here? What are you still doing late at night?" She's a woman in her early 40s
"I just want to finish up with this stuff, I'll soon go"
"Be fast about it and leave for your home"
"Okay ma"

I saved the work I was doing and started driving home slowly. When I  got home Aunty ji forced me to have dinner and I did.

When I got to my room I couldn't sleep, suffering from insomnia and all those symptoms came rushing back, I'm feeling depressed again.

Assalam alaikum warahmatullah wabarakahtuhu
Please like,comment and share

Thanks