chapter 7

Samiah's POV:

After a weeks my dad travelled back to pune. He is an architect. He was transfered there some years back but he comes home once in two month only and stays for just a week. This is literally the only peaceful time I have in my own home. My step mum always treat me well when my dad is around and does the otherwise whenever he leaves.
Simply because she said my father love me more than her. after the death of my mum my dad married her so that I wouldn't be alone and I'll have a motherly figure to take care of me.

"Hey you! Have you finished washing the dishes?" My step mum asked me when I was about to seat in the parlour to join her with the movie she's watching
"Ji ma" I answered. She kept her fingers on her chin as if she's thinking about something.
I've been busy doing house chores and I was just trying to relax in front of the TV. I didn't go to the orphanage today because its Sunday , the only day I get to rest.
I was carried away by my thought when I heard her say " is that clear?" I was totally lot. I missed out on what she said and I know I'm in a total mess.
"What...what did you say ma?" Her facial expression turned into an angry one. She stood up and slapped me across my face really hard to the extent that there were prints of her fingers on my face!
Water starts running from my eyes
"That is for not paying attention, the next time I talk to you and you just zone out you'll be in trouble! I said tomorrow, my friends are coming to visit make sure you wake up early to start the cleaning I'll take care of the food and desserts" she said shifting her eyes from me to the TV.
"But ma, I have to report to work very early tomorrow Morning ma" I tried to argue.
"Chuup!don't try to argue and go to bed. And make sure I don't come to wake you up or else... You know you'll be in trouble" I nodded and march to my room to get some rest. I had a very tiring day.

I took the picture of my mum out of my bed side drawer. I miss her a lot and I miss my dad too. I was really sad and I tried to get some sleep because I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow and I need to wake up early.

**************************

The next day I woke up with body ache but I ignored it. I quickly move to the bathroom for personal cleaning and I was a bit relaxed. I did my morning namaz and moved downstairs for house cleaning and start to prepare for the orphanage afterwards. I got ready in a salwar kameez did my minimal makeup to cover my dark circles. I took my breakfast say teslim to my step mum and leave.

On getting to the orphanage, I went straight to aunty layla's office she is our matron. She's a very good woman with a motherly figure. Even tho I'm not her daughter she takes me just like her own daughter. She's a very jovial person, a typical mother. I always see my mother in her so I usually call her "Ammi"

"As salam alaikum Ammi" I said with a big smile kissing her cheeks.
"Wa alaikum salam beta, how was your weekend?" She asked smiling back at me.
"It was fine ammi, how is my little hassanah doing?" I asked
"Sanah is fine she's here with me as usual. That girl never leaves me alone"
I laughed and went on to start the activities for the day. The rest of the day passed in a blur and I returned home to face my ever grumpy step mum.

As salam alaikum warahmatullah wabarakahtuhu cupcakes . I'm sorry for late updates.
Please don't forget to like comment and share!💕💕💕