Chapter 11: Bonfire

Start from the beginning

      I smiled once April made her way in, and I just saw how divine she looked. And I honestly couldn't believe that she looked stunning in the dress but she had a sweater coat that was long. Nights went into the fifties. So that's why she was wearing it. She had closed the door, and she literally traveled over to me. And once she got close to me, I stared at her for a bit seeing her blue eyes looking straight back at mine.

"Hey baby." She said, leaning and we both pressed our lips against each other in a quick smooch.

"Are you ready?" I asked once she buckled up and she gave me the signal as she nodded and then I breathed.

       I had pulled out of the driveway and once I did I had put my headlights on. And getting on the road it didn't take much longer. And right then, I took some time right away to absolutely just get on the closest way to the freeway so it'll get us faster to San Diego at the bonfire that I didn't neglect to tell April about before leaving. I didn't tell Emma where I'd be in case she'd actually go and tell on me to my mother or her father who scares me a lot at times.

     The freeway had a good amount of cars and I had immediately gone right towards the entry of the freeway and I just saw April who had looked more beautiful than anything. Especially tonight but she is practically glowing. It's like she's been getting laid for the first time in a long time. And just like that, I only thought she was beyond beautiful.

"So is your phone off for tonight? 'Cause...baby I want us time. No distractions. Like...your phone off." She raised a brow like she was challenging me.

I couldn't take her serious if I even tried. And of course, I just listened to her as I kept my eyes ahead. That's why I failed my first driver's test. I kept looking away from the road most of everything was a distraction. And April tends to do that all.

"Ape, my phone is on vibrate, and besides I will be out with my friends and girlfriend the entire time that I won't need to use my phone unless there's an emergency. Which I doubt will happen." I chuckled softly and I stepped on the gas pedal.

      Jokingly, she rolled her eyes that I found very sexy whenever she'd do that.

     April eyed my black leather jacket I was wearing. And I thought she didn't notice. But I think she was purposely trying to avoid that might make her go wild and very insane. Thinking about it, I just smile.

    "Why are you laughing?" There was a crack in her voice that sounded raspy with enthusiasm.

    "Nothing, Ape. Nothing..." I muttered.

     Immediately she went to change the subject which is normal for us when we talk in order to avoid arguments.

    "So...did you know Amber has a crush on you?" She said, looking at her nails, desiring not to bite them.

   "It's... um...unusual." I hesitated breathlessly.

Amber Glossy.

That girl is practically the female version of Logan. The guy April used to date. And I would never wanna date or be with anyone like Amber. I know she's April's cousin. But I wouldn't wanna think of myself with a girl like that. And rumor has it that Amber slept with Logan. But no proof of course, just rumors going around school that I caught on 'cause word travels around fast.

I smiled at the thought of Amber having any interest in me. But I wasn't sure how to react to it. But April is testing me, I can see. I will say April may be my girlfriend but she's very sneaky. And tries to trick me. Even if it's seducing me to have sex with her. That's how sneaky she is. Sneaky like a snake that slithers. I would think April and Patrick would get along just fine. He's another sneaky person.