||Chapter 11: Following Dad's Footsteps||

Later that day, school ended on a sunny afternoon. (Y/n) and Stuart began thier walk home from school.

"Stu-pot, what do you want to be when you grow up?" (Y/n) asked the bluenette.

"Well, I want to be a storm chaser, as crazy as it sounds. I would love to see tornadoes up close and such." He answered.

"Woah..." (Y/n) was interested, her (e/c) eyes sparkling with interest.

Stuart noticed and stared down at her cute face. "Well? How about you, (y/n)?" He asked the (h/c) girl.

"W-well....I want to be a (dream profession), but if that doesn't work out, then I'll see what the world has to offer for me."  She laughed. Stuart soon began to smile and laugh too.

Time passed by and Stuart arrived home, while (y/n) continued on her home, after reassuring Stuart that she would be okay walking home by herself. Stuart unlocks the front door and walks on in.

"Mom, I'm home!"

Stuart's P.O.V
"Mom, I'm home!"

Silence.

"Hm. Must be at work today." I went ahead and head upstairs, getting ready to do some of my homework. Some.

"Stuart! My boy!" I heard my dad's voice behind. I turn around, suprised to see my dad standing in front of my parents bedroom.

"Hey dad." I greeted him. "You're home early." He begins to walk towards me, with a smile on his face, which is rare to see. What has him all giddy today? He wraps his arm around my shoulders and began to walk with me to my room.

"Boy...you know the fairground I run, yeah?"

I mentally sighed. Him and this fairgrounds. Sometimes I think he loves it more than his own family.

"Of course dad." I smiled. We reached my room and I sat down on my bed. My dad stayed at the door.

"I was thinkin'...that you could start working with me at the fairgrounds this summer. You'll be able to get to know the place and understand how the place operates."

"Oh?" I didn't have a Problem with that, I would be able to go out more durring the summer and make some money.

"Then, you could be able to inherit it! And run the place! Isn't that amazing, Stuart?"

My heart dropped. I love my dad but, I didn't want to pursue in that career...Like I said before, I want to become a storm chaser, not someone dealing with bratty children's whining and rowdy teenagers at a carnival almost every night!

I needed to speak my mind.

"Dad?..."

"Hm?"

"I...I don't want to inherit the fairgrounds."

My dad's eyes widened in shock of my reply.

"What do you mean ya don't!?" He yelled.

I shrinked.

"I want to become a storm chaser, dad. That's all." I replied softly.

"Stuart! This is a family business! You have to!"

"BUT WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO DAD!!?!" I yelled, then I covered my mouth. My dad and I were shocked of my reply.

"Stu...no matter how hard ya don't want to do, you have to. You'll begin working with me this summer." With that, he slammed my room door anf went downstairs, possibly to leave the house or to watch TV in the living room. I buried my head into my pillow.

I hope something big happens so I don't have to work at the fairgrounds. Anything. 

Author's note:
Hi hi! I've changed chapter six at the beginning, making the time skip change from 'spring' to 'sophmore year' to make this book move faster ^~^ so (y/n) and 2D are 15-16 years old. It's around March in the book right now. Yeah, that's all ^~^
-Tetra!!