Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Sitting in the car, I could already feel the bass thumping. We halted in front of our usual club, King’s, and it was already swarming with paparazzi waiting for celebrities. How am I going to keep this on the low with these pesky cameras everywhere? I scowled to myself. Alec hopped out of the driver’s seat and opened my door. Taylor slid out first and offered his hand to help Kisha out, the paparazzis then swarmed at the young fashionista socialite. Taylor then reached out for my hand and helped me slide out of the car.

“Ms. Jameson, is it true that you’re dating Mr. Taylor Reeds?!” “Ms. Jameson, will you be running your father’s company?” “Did you sleep with Justin Timberlake after the Kids Choice Awards?” They just wouldn’t stop! Such ridiculous questions. I mean, aren’t they used to seeing me and Taylor together already? Justin Timberlake, really? The man is hot but he’s too old for me.

I ignored them and walked straight up to the bouncer, flashed him a smile which he returned, then walked inside. The smell of alcohol and different perfumes then bombarded my nose, but it felt like home. Kisha, Taylor and I made our way to the bar where Brando, our favourite bartender was.

“Hey Brando, I’ll have the usual.” I leaned on the bar and slid him a fifty.

“Jack and coke on the rocks coming right up, Mika” he winked. Brando and I have always been playful since I started coming here to King’s, but he’s always been a gentleman turning down my advances. Can’t blame him for still flirting with me though. I faced the dance floor and surveyed the room, looking for a potential stress reliever.

“Let’s go dance!” Kisha exclaimed and practically dragged me on the dance floor.

“Where’s Taylor?” I had to shout so she could hear me through the music. I craned my neck up to find my best friend.

“He left. Says he’s got somewhere to be.” she shouted. Kisha turned away from me to face a man who had his arms around her waist. I rolled my eyes and kept swaying while looking for my future conquest.

Two songs later I got bored so I headed to the bar to take shots.

“Hey Brando, I need a pick me up!” I shouted to him. He grinned and placed 5 shot glasses in a row and poured Patron on each glass full to the brim. I took my first shot and let out a squeal filling the liquid heat me up. I downed the rest of the shots then asked for another glass of Jack and coke.

“Easy there, hot shot. Wouldn’t want to tarnish your name anymore since you’re now the CEO.” Brando said, handing me my glass.

“Don’t you worry, babe. You know I can hold my liquor down.” I winked at him. Just then, I could feel someone staring at me. I turned to look at who was staring and I saw Mr. Carlos from across the room. He smirked and held up his glass. I guess I’m not the only who knows how to live. I made my way to the dance floor without breaking eye contact with him. I swayed seductively and threw a wink in. Hook line—he made his way over to the dance floor—and sinker. I smirked at myself. Men, so easy.

“Well well well, Ms. Jameson. I wasn’t expecting to see you here.” He said as he danced with me.

“Really? If I didn’t know any better you did your research and came here just to see me, Mr. Carlos.” I trailed my finger on his chest.

“You caught me. Call me Andew.” He held his hands up surrendering. “Mika.” I said, he nodded and snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. His face was a good 2 inches away from me. We began to grind together without averting our gazes from each other. After the song, he pulled away but didn’t let go of my hand. He led me to his table where there were two guys sitting.

“Mika, these are my friends. Guys, this is Mikaela Jameson.” He said as he ushered me to the seat beside him and a blonde hottie.

“I’m Chris, nice to meet you Mika.” The brunette held out his hand. I smiled at him and shook it. I turned to face the guy beside me.

“Nikolai, just call me Niko.” He held my hand and kissed my knuckles. I couldn’t help but stare at his hazel eyes. I could feel my cheeks heating up as he stared right back at me.

“Look at what you did, Niko. You embarrassed Mika.” Andrew laughed and placed his arm on the back of my seat.

“Flattered is the right word, Mr. Carlos.” I said, biting my lip down while still looking at Nikolai.

“So how do you know Andrew, Niko?” I said.

“He works with my parents. You do too, actually.”

“Oh really? I’m sorry I didn’t catch your last name.”

“That’s because I didn’t throw it to you.”

“Touché.” We both laughed. His laugh was low and melodic and was very sexy. I made him laugh.

Strike one

“Carver. I’m Nikolai Carver. I assume you’ve met my parents.” He said as he took a sip from his glass.

“Briefly. Your mother was rather pleasant at the board meeting.” I smiled genuinely.

“I hope I take after her in your opinion.” He smirked.

“Oh more than pleasant, Mr. Carver.” I threw him a wink. He tucked a stray strand of my hair behind my ear and leaned in.

“Do you wanna dance, Mika?” he whispered, seductively. I nodded then he took my hand and led me to the dance floor.

Strike two

As we got to the dance floor he placed my arms around his neck and encircled his own around my waist. Surprisingly he didn’t grind like most guys do. He just swayed to the beat while I tried to sway as seductively as I could. We danced in the same position for 3 straight songs. I finally left his gaze to scan the crowd for Kisha. I spotted her near the bar talking to some guy. She winked at me and I nodded back. She held up her index finger asking for a minute to talk.

“I’d hate to leave you on the dance floor, but I need to talk to my friend. Is that ok?” I looked up at Niko. He smiled and nodded but before I could let go he tightened his grip on my waist.

“Meet me outside afterwards.” Then he gave me a quick peck before heading back to his table.

Strike three and you’re out

I pushed my way past the grinding bodies to where Kisha was standing.

“Progress?” she asked

“Strike three, baby!” i exclaimed and we bumped hips. See, we have this running game where we mark our progress with strikes. When he suggests something more “private” that means he’s out and we were making the homerun. Ha, I swear if we were men we’d be the biggest players around.

“How about you?” I asked her, tilting my head to the side to look at her present conquest. He was hot, but not as hot as Nikolai.

“He’s boring. He already struck out but I turned him down and now he follows me like a lost puppy. Desperate much?” I laughed as she rolled her eyes.

“Hey, I don’t wanna leave you high and dry but I gotta make the home run.” I said as I saw Niko making his way out of the club.

“Don’t sweat. I’ll just hitch a ride with Brando.” She hugged me and went back to the bar.

As I made my way out, I looked around trying to spot Niko. Before I could walk ahead, a hand was placed on my waist.

“Let’s go back to my place.”

____________________________________

I know this is short but hey, I promised a fast update. J

Next update shall be the day after tomorrow, hopefully. x