Chapter 14 : Mental Breakdown

Start from the beginning

Luhan kneels down in one knee, "Damn it, Xiumin. I warned you, didn't I? I warned you to be very careful!" (H-How the hell would I even be careful when I know that that man is only using Haneul to get her parents' house back in Busan!) "Even so! You should have heed my warning, Xiumin. Now look at the mess you created. Tsk, this wasn't supposed to happen. I should have stayed here and watched over you."

(No Luhan! You should have transformed me when you had the chance! This is all your doing! So don't act like it wasn't your problem at all!) Luhan pulls his head back, "Wait, what? Are you saying that you're blaming me for all of what's happening?!" (Yes! That's exactly what I mean, Luhan! It's because of you and your idea of turning me into a stupid dog that this happened! If it weren't for you, I would still be dancing on stage and being famous right now! It's because of you my life is turned into a nightmare! I thought you were my friend Luhan!

But you're not! You're just like the rest of them! A fake! A person that wants to manipulate me and to make a laughingstock of! I wish you were never even my friend in the first place! I wish you would just disappear out of my life!) Luhan remains with his usual cold stare, piercing my eyes as if he could read me in just one stare.

In a matter of seconds, he towers me up high, maintaining the shared looks we have for one another. "You know, for a second I thought you changed for the better. But I thought wrong, you're still unable to trust people or even understand the reason why people are helping you. You don't even see how lucky you are to be loved genuinely by the people you constantly ignore up till now. If you think that I'm being such a fake friend to you, then by all means, give me a hundred reasons as to how I'm such a bad friend to begin with."

I sagged my head down, (L-Luhan..--) "And if you really think that I'm not even worth a friend to you anymore, then fine. I will disappear out your life, that is what you want, right?" (L-Luhan.. Please, it's not like that.. I just.. Luhan! Luhaan!) I watch as he exits the room, hands on both his pockets, head tucked down low of complete disappointment.

Damn it.. Why the hell did I say that all of a sudden. I mean, I didn't actually mean it.. I just got so worked up being here all night that I completely forgotten my sanity. Not only did I blamed Luhan for all of these events, I even told him to disappear for good. And to think that I said that to the only person who was able to understand me even at my worst of times.. Aaah, I can't believe I'm such an imbecile! I land my paw down the floor, and to my amazement, it was not a paw, but a human hand.

My eyes round in complete shock, pulling my hand up near my face. "W-What the.." I caress my cheekbone down to my neck collar. "I-I'm a human.. again?" I swiftly touch my limbs, making sure that I wasn't hallucinating at all. But I was not apparently, I am actually a complete human again! I stand in both feet, feeling the amazement of standing so high from the cold ground.

I grin as I examine my hands and feet. I saunter my way a bit out the small jail-like cellar, feeling as though this was the very first time I had walked in my entire life. Out of the blue, the doors open to reveal a woman around her thirties. She slams her back at the door, hyperventilating as she sees me in such a state. I wonder about her ungodly reaction.

Then I realized, I wasn't wearing any clothes at all. Out of instinct, I cover my enticing parts below, hastily turning my back at her. As I glance back at her, I find her unconsciously seated on the cold floor. I plant a hand on my face, sighting the uniform of one of the employees here in the Dog pound. I snatched it away from her, and made my way to wear it temporarily.

...

Haneul's POV. Dog pound.

"So let me get this straight. We're currently going to the dog pound where your dog, Haru, is being kept in isolation 'cause of his strange behaviour last night, and that last night is where you got that scratch. Did I explained it clearly?" said Jihyun, sipping on her milk tea.

I pinch her right arm, "Hey! Don't make it sound like it was Haru's fault to begin with. Haru isn't like that at all, maybe he just thought that Taeho was some stranger or some kidnapper, who knows right?" Jihyun rolls his eyes. "I don't know, Haneul-ah. Seems like that Taeho guy might be right. Haru is still a stray dog till you brought him in as a family. He may be such a good dog to you, but you really can't assure that he'll be like that to other people."

I tighten my bag's strap, "A-Anyway! I wouldn't give Haru to anyone in the world! I'll make sure he gets it out from the pound sometime soon." Jihyun sighs, "I knew you'd say that. Aigo aigo, you're such a stubborn girl aren't you, Haneul-ah?" I point my nose up in the air, ignoring her usual remark about my intellect.

Soon, we arrive in the dog pound. I climb the stairs with a heavy heart, but before I could enter the place, a man hurriedly leaves out the door, bumping my shoulders in such a way was quite rude even if he is in a hurry. He squeezes a part of my shoulder as he whispers the words, "S-Sorry.." Jihyun clicks her tongue at him, "Tsk, people nowadays are quite rude, huh. You alright, Haneul-ah?"

I nod once, "Yeah. It's nothing something that should be taken a big deal anyway." The both of us continue on inside. I land my hands down heavily on the table of the front counter, the man slowly glares at me. "State your business."

"I came to see my dog. He's the one that was taken in last night." He stares at me with his squint-like eyes for a moment before gesturing another officer to approach. "Go and bring these two ladies to that dog that was taken in last night by Officer Lo." The officer quickly acts out the command, indeed leading us into the next room beside the counter. I bite my upper lip, wondering what has become of Haru overnight. As he pulls the door open, we see an empty cage of where Haru is supposed to reside. I drop the packed lunch, jaw dropped as I examine the whole scene, just by the look of the unconscious lady seated on a chair means that something really did happen here!

The officer quickly exits the room, informing the others of the situation. I could feel Jihyun shaking my arm, but I was still so paralyzed in place that I couldn't even process anything in my head anymore.

...

...

...

"H-Haru..?"

--

A/N : sooo, how is it so far, huh? seems like xiuhan is having a bit of a quarrel right now. and since xiumin is a human right now, what do you guys think are going to happen in the next following chapters, hm? comment below of what you think. thank you for reading! ^^)/

*UNEDITED CHAPTER