Chapter 5 : Tea Time

(Change?! What do you mean by that?!) I bark furiously. 

Haneul enters the living room, setting down the tea on the coffee table. "Here you go."

Luhan ignores me, "Thanks. You've been very kind." He takes a sip of the tea. Haneul nervously hands him a small piece of paper. "Uhm! I-If you don't mind.. Could you perhaps pass this onto Xiumin when he returns? H-He won't probably accept it.. but the thought of him knowing that I sent it is enough.." 

He stares at the well folded paper, takes it and smiles "He doesn't have a thing for this actually," Luhan gives a mediocre look as he examines the paper, "But," He stares back at me, "I'll make sure to give it to him when I see him." 

Haneul's face lights up, "T-Thank you! I owe you a lot. Thank you, again!" She repeatedly bows, her face painted with a grin.

Luhan stands, "Well. I gotta go now. See you around, Ms. Haneul Baek." He caress a finger on my cheek, chortles and walks out the apartment. 

Xiumin rushes by the door, scratching it furiously (Come back here, Luhan! Luhan! Explain to me why I'm turned like this! Come back! LUHAN!) 

"..That's strange. I don't recall mentioning about my last name.. How did he.." spoke Haneul to herself who stood idly.

Xiumin sat feeling hopeless, (..Tsk. Everything.. It doesn't make sense. Why would Luhan.. of all people.. do this to me? No, just how did he transform me into a dog..?)

...

The next morning, Haneul's POV.

"Haru. I'll be going to work now. I'll see you later tonight. There's enough food and water in your bowl if you're hungry. Bye!" I lock the apartment door and briskly walk down the stairs.

Omo! I'm going to be late for work. I need to hurry. It took me exactly ten minutes to arrive at work. Luckily for me, I was able to beat the time and arrive just in time. I work as a waitress in a not so well-known cafe, but the pay is quite enough to live off. The manager is okay and the people I work with are easy to get along. It was just like any normal classroom. 

As I wipe the tables clean, the television suddenly boomed to the song of EXO's growl. In a flash, I turn to face the screen and watch as all eleven of them appear in the interview seats.

"Omo! I forgot that they have an interview today!" said Jihyun, excitement burning in her eyes.

Hyunseok appears beside us, "Is that why EXO-M is here in Seoul right now?" 

Jihyun clutches my arm, "Omo! Omo! It's Luhan! Shh! Luhan's talking!" hisses Jihyun to Hyunseok. 

"So Luhan, heard any news to Xiumin? I heard you were one of his closest friends from all the members. Fans are going crazy looking for Xiumin! Do you think you could share a little more about his whereabouts for the sake of those Xiumin fans?" The interviewer huffs.

Luhan licks his lips as he chuckles, "To be honest," He starts, "He's doing really well right now. I'm pretty sure that when he comes back, he'll be a completely different person. So far, for all the Xiumin fans out there, please wait for his return. Thank you." He bows. 

All of the members suddenly dart him a dumbfounded look. "Ahh, I see I see. Well since Xiumin said it to you personally, it must be true. We'll all just await for his comeback. Thank you for sharing Luhan." smiles the interviewer.

"Omo! Luhan is such a sweety! Taking care of Xiumin and all! I wish I could meet him soon." whines Jihyun as she tightly embraces her empty tray.

I flick my head at her direction, "Ah! Now that you mentioned it, I met Luhan yesterday!"