𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

Did I really mean what I said to Jisung? He is just trying to be nice right?

But nobody is ever nice to me apart from my three best friends, simply because people viewed me as 'nerdy' or 'loner' and the likes.

Jisung is just another popular heartthrob of this school along with the three other members of his group, Seungmin, Hyunjin and I guess, Felix too. If Jisung were to date anyone or befriend anyone, it probably wouldn't be me. End of story.

This may sound selfish but, the only way for me to not get hurt is to be cold to others. That way, they will be the one getting hurt before they could hurt me. Why am I like this?

Actually, it's not my fault I became like this ever since my first boyfriend, Vernon, betrayed me.

Love is delusional, love makes you blind, it blinds you from things that are bad for you, tricking you into thinking bad things are good for you. That was what my relationship with Vernon was like. (a/n: Oh look it's Vernon from SEVENTEEN).

My naive self, actually fell for him and believed that he loved me for me, pft, how dumb of me.
Vernon was using me to prove to his so called 'friends' that he could make anyone fall for him.

As soon as he won that bet, he dumped me. Chucking me aside like trash, and even worse, my idiotic self chased after him.

He didn't even care about me in the first place, he only wants models, beautiful, and popular girls, girls which were up to his standard.

Those who were popular and mean like him. I'm a sophomore at high school now, (a/n: sophomore is the second year of high school) and this time-wasting relationship happened last year. Freshman year.

Thank goodness, I found three best friends at the same time, the ones who always stuck by my side when I needed them the most. They would never desert me, just like I would never desert them.

Did I mention that my best friend, Beomgyu gets bullied by this jerk named Hwall, he's in the same year as Jisung. Hwall was the school's bully, along with Sunwoo, Eric and Juyeon.
(A/N:Members from THE BOYZ hehe)

They bullied everyone, Beomgyu being their main target of course. Oh, did I say they bullied everyone? My bad, they never bully Jisung and his group of friends, his group left them alone. I don't know why that is, but Hwall never befriended Jisung or his friends.

Beomgyu was a shy quiet boy, afraid of public speaking, opening up to others (apart from us), he never told his parents about he bullying situation. Our whole little friendship group were actually inconspicuous people, we'd rather keep things to ourselves and stick together instead of expanding our friendship circle. The four of us were tight.

——

Jisung's POV:

Sighing, I rose up from my seat and left the library. Does Y/N not like me or something? What have I ever done to offend her?

"Heyy Jisung." Two girls giggled, waving at me as they strolled past me.

"Ladies." I nod, smiling politely.

"There's a party at my place this Saturday, you and your friends should come." One of them walked to me, and started flirtatiously ruffing my jacket collar.

I slowly leaned away from her, not wanting to make it too obvious that I disliked her actions, "I'm actually busy this Saturday but maybe next time." Before they said anything else, I walked away from them as soon as possible.

Damn, such desperate girls.

The four of us usually sat at at the relaxing lounge room, it was a large room filled with comfortable couches and perfect air conditioning.

We usually shut the door after the four of us entered, nobody dared to interior with the room we made our 'hangout place' therefore we always had this huge room to ourselves.

"Where'd you go?" Hyunjin asked, as soon as I returned.

"Your sister dropped her bracelet, so I was just returning it to her." I shrug, sitting next to Felix.

"Are you guys...close?" Felix asked Hyunjin.

"You mean, Y/N and I? We used to be, when we were kids...but now we do our own thing. I don't bother about her and she doesn't bother about me, we stay away from each other. Our parents claim it's what's best for us."

"Oh." Was Felix's response.

"I saw you talking to her this morning, she seemed flustered around you." Seungmin commented, making Felix raised his brows as a response.

"Me? No way, she does not have a crush on me." Felix shook his head, chuckling.

I remained silent the whole time as the three boys conversed about Y/N. Poking the inside of my mouth with my tongue, leaning back with folded arms.

"...but she is quite cute when she gets all flustered and stuff." Felix added.

"Thinking about it, if one of you were to date my sister...that would be, a little bit weird for me even though I'm not close to her." Hyunjin laughed.

"Has anyone ever hurt her?" Feeling curious, I decide to ask out of the blue.

"Why so curious?" Seungmin chuckled.

"You know me, I'm just a curious person by nature."

"Hurt her? Like in a relationship? Or..." Hyunjin raised his brow.

"Relationship wise."

"There was this one guy, I forgot his name, it started with a V though...she used to date him last year but they broke up, he got expelled or something. She was wrecked for days, apparently she stayed in her room, became closed off from what I've heard. Let me tell you that a girl after a breakup isn't a pleasant sight."

"I see." I nod as a response, "Is she always so closed off?"

"Someone seems interested in getting to know her..." Felix smirked.

My head shook, no, "As I said before, I'm curious by nature."

"Why don't you ask her yourself? I don't talk to her anymore and she probably doesn't want to see me...since we last saw each other on bad terms." Hyunjin suggested.

"I try to but she pushes me away...you know what, I'll just leave it. It's her business anyway." What's the point in trying to befriend someone if the feeling isn't mutual?