𝕆𝕟𝕖

Narrator POV:

Han Jisung and Hwang Hyunjin have been friends ever since they began high school together at 16 years old. Both of them met Kim Seungmin later on in the year and formed a trio. A trio which turned into your typical 'most popular hot boy squad' in which they always hung around girls, went to parties and lived life to the fullest.

Despite all the fun at school, Jisung was more reserved than his two friends. Truth be told, Jisung always came over to the Hwang family home, or Hyunjin's dad's place because the poor boy felt the urge to get away from his abusive father all the time.

His father was an alcoholic, while his mother worked day and night to provide for the family, therefore resulting in hardly seeing her own son and young daughter, Luna. She dreaded having to work full time, feeling bummed about missing the opportunity to spend time with her children and she loathed her husband's alcohol addiction.

It was now normal for Jisung to occasionally sleepover at Hyunjin's place and do the likes since they attended the same high school, Hankuk High. One thing is for sure though, Jisung would always make sure that his sister, Luna, had the basic necessities before being sent off to boarding school. It was fair to say that he raised Luna, not his father nor mother, since his mother was hardly around.

Boarding school seemed to be the safest option for young Luna. At home, she would only get abused by her father, leaving her with bruises and cuts which Jisung despised.

Hyunjin and Y/N are the children of successful CEO's of a company. Yes, their parents loved them dearly, cherished them, and raised them to be well mannered but the thing is, their parents were always away on business trips. Having them at home for a few nights was already more than enough to ask for.

However one day, due to endless quarrels and fights over business related issues, their parents called for a divorce. The once close siblings were split apart. They were children when this happened, Y/N, 3 years of age and Hyunjin, a 5 year old.

Y/N stayed with her mum in their own home, and Hyunjin now lived with his dad in a new house. They hardly communicate even though now they attend the same, not a word was spoken between the siblings, perhaps a word or two once in a blue moon.

Most of the time, Hyunjin would have the big house to himself since his father was away on business trips, so when Jisung came over, it was nice company to have.

Y/N observed Hyunjin and his friends occasionally from afar, she viewed them as fuckboys and people who waste time having fun. You see, Y/N liked to focus on the future, especially to focus on reaching her career goal of becoming an Pediatrist (children's doctor).

Now, Y/N wasn't much of an extrovert who enjoyed socializing unlike her brother who had a large group of friends come over to hangout at his place or he would host parties all the time. Making the house shake because of the loud music, they were old enough to drink (pretend they are lol) and basically trash the place. To him, not having his parents around was a plus.

Whereas while mum was away in business trips, back her her place, Y/N would enjoy the silence. Cooped up in her bedroom, listening to music, reading, and the likes.

Y/N's POV:

Walking into school, I was greeted by my three best friends, Jeongin, Beomgyu and Fauna. Sometimes, it seemed like they were the only people who understood me. We agreed to meet by my locker today because I had to fetch some books for the following periods.

Not long after, Hyunjin and his group of friends strolled past us, laughing obnoxiously with a group of popular girls. The difference between the popular girls and I was that...

They go out, I stay in.
They mix with boys, I don't.
They're desperate for a boyfriend, I'm not.
They are beautiful, I'm just me.
Well to be fair, people do say I'm pretty but those are usually from family members or family friends which I believe they complement just to sound nice.

"I honestly do not understand how you're related to that guy. He's literally the opposite of you." Fauna commented, observing Hyunjin as he was laughing.

"He's Hyunjin and I'm Y/N." I shrug, giggling but my giggles came to a holt when someone very attractive caught my eye.

Oh I do miss hanging out with my brother, but mum suggested that I stay away from him, she didn't give me a reason to stay away but she hated the idea of me coming into contact with Hyunjin which will highly likely end up in me coming into contact with my father- or the bastard- as she refers him to.

I don't remember much of my father, but many memories of Hyunjin stayed in the back of my mind. We used to build forts together, role play - he would be the knight and I was always the princess, we used to dance around the living room together but now, there was no connection between us.

"Who are you staring at?" Jeongin wiggled his brows then turned around to get a view of the person which caught my attention.

He had blonde hair and wore a black hoodie, covering the hood over his head. It was obvious that from the sight of his earphones plugged in, he was listening to music while he sucked on a lollipop. A rather mysterious aura I must say.

"Woah..who is he?" My jaw drops.

"Oh him, I heard that he is a transfer student from Australia. If I didn't hear wrong, he is a senior, so that would mean he is in Hyunjin's year level."

"What's his name?"

"I'm not too sure, but he seems cute doesn't he." Fauna smirked, glancing over at me.

"What? Pft, he's just another transfer student."

Hwang Y/N please report to the principal's office now, thank you. The announcement speaker announced, uh oh. Was I in trouble?

"Were you doodling in Mr Kang's class again?" Beomgyu chuckled.

"It's not my fault his classes are boring and I already know my geography stuff."

"You study too hard Y/N, you need to breathe and relax. Stop worrying too much about your future." Fauna gently rubbed my back.

"Yeah, you're already smart no need to be smarter. Anyway, you should go see Principal Jung before he loses his cool." Jeongin remarked, to which I agreed, picking up my pace and dashing off to his office.