"You're not gonna get anymore answers out of me, so you might as well be on your way, little delinquent." He slid into his chair with a bottle of sake, cup sitting on the dining table. After kicking his feet up onto the table, he poured the alcohol into the small glass, filling it with clear liquid.

I scoffed. "Fine. Just don't have too much fun without me."

Kenji sipped at the drink and shot me one last wink, tilting his glass toward me. "I'll try not too."

I rolled my eyes and finally left the apartment, jumping down from the seventh story and onto the lower ledge, somewhere around the fifth story. From there I didn't bother going any lower, I just leaped down, using some chakra to make the landing a little softer. I walked the rest of the way to the front gate, hand over my backpack strap as I made my way through the beginnings to a busy morning in the cloud village.

Walking to the end of the village, village gate in sight, I caught sight of Ryuu and his three little sisters bounding around him. Masumi stood off to the side with her arms crossed, smiling as she observed the little girls swarming their older brother.

"Bring me back something cool from the leaf okay?!" Ayumi punched the air, letting out dramatic grunts with her attacks. "Maybe even some cool ninja tools from the leaf! I wonder if they're any different!"

Kamaeta sighed, readjusting her glasses. "For the last time; they're not. In fact, they're quite similar to every other village and their tools. Most don't even differ much when it comes to their tools specifically. Their teachings however—"

"I didn't ask for a history lesson, Kama-nii," Ayumi stuck her tongue out at her older sister.

I chuckled, walking closer to the group of not so quiet siblings. Placing my hand on my hip, I came to a stop a couple feet from the Uzumaki siblings, waiting for them to notice me.

"Aw, Kama-moto," Ryuu pulled the stiff girl into a tight hug, squishing her little body against his side. He rubbed his fist into the top of her head and grinned, laughing as she grunted and tried to weasel her way out of his arms. "I'll always love hearing your little history lessons! You're so smart and adorable."

"Let. Me. Go." She pushed against his face, finally loosening his grip enough to slide away. She dusted her front off and huffed, tightening her dark hair that was pulled into a ponytail.

"Well, I see you're getting your goodbyes in." I smirked, eyeing the annoyed little girl who was now cleaning the lenses of her glasses.

Ryuu shrugged, giving me a sheepish grin. "Can't help it. I'm gonna miss them so much!"

In an instant, he tugged the quiet Yawarakai into a bear hug, who was standing off to the side fiddling with her baby blue mini skirt. She grunted, dark eyes going wide while a red blush crept up her cheeks. Finally giving in, she slowly wrapped her arms around him and hugged Ryuu, albeit a lot more gentler.

Ayumi squealed, launching herself onto my side. I grunted in surprise, stumbling a bit from her sudden weight, but easily adjusted her on my hip. She tapped my nose, grinning. "Don't think I'm not gonna miss you too, Kohana-chan! You just got back and you're leaving already!"

I chuckled, raising a brow. "I'm glad you're thinking of me."

"Well, I think it's time for you two to get going," spoke up Masumi, walking closer so she could redirect the girls from us. She stopped short, looking at me with furrowed brows. "Where's your father?"

"At home drinking a cup of sake." I replied, setting down Ayumi.

"Not surprised." Sighed Masumi, shaking her head. She walked over and pulled Ryuu into her side, giving him a tight hug. After letting go of her nephew, she came over to me and placed her hands on my shoulders, giving them a tight squeeze. She kept strong eye contact with me, and if it wasn't for the true concern in her eyes I probably would have been a little overwhelmed by it. "Stay safe, alright? I am unbelievably proud of you two. I'll make sure to mention to Katsu-kun where you've gone when I see him."