|| Brian Rosenthal x Reader ||

You shivered as you knocked on your closest friend's door.

"Please be home, please be home," You prayed under your breath, as you rubbed your hands together.

The door opened and Brian stood there.

"Holy shit, Y/N, you must be freezing!" He ushered you inside, immediately wrapping you in a hug. "What's going on?"

"N-nothing," You stammered, still shaking profusely.

"That's a lie. Tell me all about it after I make you a hot chocolate. I'm getting you a blanket. Get comfortable," He ordered, rushing around.

"You don't have to," But Brian had already run upstairs to grab a blanket, and the coffee machine was already on. You sat in front of his fireplace, sticking your hands out in front of you, to let them defrost in the heat.

He came up behind you, wrapping you in the blanket.

"Y/N, it's literally Antarctica outside! What are you doing? You're barely covered," He said looking at your jeans and thin long sleeve shirt.

"Nothing, I told you," You shrugged.

"So you just showed up at my house in freezing cold weather, completely shivering just for fun? I don't think so," He smiled.

"Fine, you got me," You sighed. You took a deep breath. "My roommate kicked me out,"

"What? Why?" Brian sat down next to you, handing me my hot chocolate. You didn't say anything. "Come on Y/N, talk to me please," He wrapped an arm around you, almost causing you to stop breathing. Truth is, you had a crush on Brian for almost 6 months now, but you couldn't say anything because you were so close. You didn't want to ruin your friendship in any way.

"I- I don't know to be honest," You bit my lip.

"We're talking about the same roommate right? ? The really nice one?"

"I think she was drunk, or something. But we got into an argument about rent, and now I'm here," Your eyes welled up with tears at the thought of it.

"No! Don't cry," He hugged you tighter, only causing you to break down in tears.

"Brian, I don't know what I'm going to do," You sobbed. "I have no where to live, and I've lost one of my closest friends because of a stupid argument we had,"

"Hey, this isn't over. We can still fix this. Let's wait it out. See what happens in the morning. Ok?" He looked at you. He looked at you genuinely. He didn't care that you probably looked like a mess. Or that you've intruded his house at 10 o'clock pm on a cold night. Or that you've burdened him with your dumb problems.

"I'm sorry," You cried, holding him closer, crying into his chest.

"Don't be sorry. This is what I'm here for," He rubbed your back, placing his chin on your head.

"What do I do now?" You ask, once you'd pulled away and gotten yourself together.

"You can sleep here tonight. Did you bring anything of yours?" He asked soothingly.

"Yeah, it's in my car," You pointed to the door.

"I'll go get it for you," He insisted, getting up.

You didn't argue, you just let him go. You shakily sipped on the hot chocolate. He came back in with the bag you packed, and placed it next to you, before sitting down with you again.

"What did I do to deserve you?" You exhaled.

"You didn't do anything," He smiled.

"You know, Brian. I have to tell you something," Shit. No turning back now.

"Anything, I'm here to listen,"

"I've been thinking about this a lot lately and um-" You stop. You look at him. He's listening to attentively. You really couldn't go back now.

"Yes?"

"I like you. A lot. As more than a friend. But I didn't want to say anything because I was afraid it was going to ruin our friendship. Because I adored our friendship, and obviously still do. It's ok if you don't feel the same way I just-"

He cuts you off by connecting your lips. He uses one of his hands to lift your chin. Every worry you had in your mind disappeared.

He pulls away. You can't stop smiling as you look into his brown eyes.

"I've felt the same way," He grabbed my hand.

"Really?" You ask, my eyes widening.

"But I was afraid like you. I guess you just had more guts than me," He chuckled.

"You kissed me," You laughed along with him, your stomach flipping in all directions.

"Touche," He shrugged. "I know it might seem early, but- but did you want to live with me?"

You thought for a moment, before making your decision.

"I'd love that,"

cHeEsYyYYy. But hey I guess this is what it's all about right? Cheesiness?