Part 12 - Black

The man with the metal arm was pressed against a wall, his boyfriend in front of him. Neither man was moving, they just stood there, foreheads touching, looking into each other's eyes. Bucky jerked his chin up and pecked Steve's lips, but Steve didn't return the kiss. He didn't even move for a moment, then lifted Bucky up so he didn't have to lean down and kissed him furiously.

They pulled apart momentarily, only to flop down on Steve's bed and continue to kiss. Bucky's hand snaked under Steve's shirt and caressed his side, slowly moving down to his hip. Steve pulled Bucky's shirt over his head, only breaking the kiss again to do so.

Passion ensued, the kissing only becoming more heated and hands exploring every inch of each other's torsos but never breaking the invisible line below their hips. Bucky tried breaking it, just pushing his hand under the waistband of Steve's jeans. Steve froze up and whispered one word. "Black."

Bucky pulled away, breaking all contact with his boyfriend. Steve had safeworded. "Steve, honey, everything OK?" Steve didn't reply for a moment.

STEVE

The bedroom seemed to blur away. It was still there, but barely visible and audible.

"GRENADE" the shout echoed over the group, I couldn't tell where it came from.
I didn't even think, just launched myself at the explosive on the ground and curled around it, attempting to absorb the impact as to not hurt my comrades.
The explosion never came, but the pin-less grenade remained under me, digging into my side.

"Steve!" someone was shaking my left shoulder. "Come back to me, doll." As my vision cleared a little, and I blinked a few times Bucky, lay in front of me, came into view. "There we go, come back to me."
"Bucky I - I'm fine. Leave me alone." I groaned, standing up and walking out of the Bucky's room into my own.

For God's sakes. Why now. Why fucking now. Two years with nothing, no flashbacks, no nightmares, no triggers, no nothing, and now I flashback at one touch in a place I wasn't prepared for. Slumping down on the bed I fell into a lethargic thoughtful state, leaning back on the headboard.

"GRENADE" the shout echoed over the group, I couldn't tell where it came from.
I didn't even think, just launched myself at the explosive on the ground and curled around it, attempting to absorb the impact as to not hurt my comrades.
The explosion never came, but the pin-less grenade remained under me, digging into my side.

I shook awake, still alone. The same one, again. Two the same in the space of five minutes. Then it hit me, what had triggered it. Bucky had pressed his finger into the place where the grenade had sat, just under my hip, when I was lay on the ground. Bucky knocked on my door snapping me from my stupor.