Part 2 - Bad Dreams

Third Person POV

The bad dream swam in her head, making her whimper slightly in her sleep, then jump awake, but she didn't cry out.

She slipped out of bed, checking each room as she went passed for a sign of a parent. Living room – Empty, lights out. Steve's (Her papa's) room – He was asleep, snoring quietly; she wouldn't wake him up tonight. Bucky's (Her dad's) room – The bedside lamp was on and he was sat up, a book opened out in his lap. He looked up as his door opened a little more.

"Hey sweetheart, everything OK?" He asked, placing his book down and opening his arms. She practically ran across the room and launched herself at him, curling up in his lap. He stroked her red hair and kissed the top of her head.

"I had a bad dream." She muttered, attempting to stifle a yawn.

"Well, there are no aliens, monsters, robots or nasty people in here, I promise. Daddy scared them all off." He muttered into her hair, rubbing her back; she was already falling back asleep.

"I love you, daddy."

"I love you too, sweetheart." She fell asleep.

Steve padded in a few minutes later, bare feet thudding heavily on the carpet. "Everything OK? I heard voices."

"She had a nightmare, but she fell asleep barely two minutes after she walked in. You gonna joins us?" Bucky said quietly, tightening his grip around the little girl on his chest as she squirmed a little. Steve tip-toed over to the bed and shuffled in next to Bucky, placing a hand on Tory's back.

The family fell asleep together, the bedside light still on, but they didn't care; all was calm and safe.