CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN
LeMore
I woke up with a jolt and breathed heavily. Blinking and looking around I saw that I was in hospital room and sighed out shakily. "Morning, sleeping beauty," he greeted. I could see that sarcastic smile only a few feet away and my eyes widened.
"Daren?" I breathed.
"How are you little brother?" He asked as he came into contact with me and we wrapped our arms around each other tightly. Before I knew it, I was crying into my brother and shook my head as I pulled away.
"When the Hell did you get here? How did you know I was here?" I questioned.
"I took the first flight here. I tried calling you from that number you called me with once I landed, but Raphael answered, and he told me everything. God, this is a load of shit we've been given to deal with, isn't it?" We both chuckled bitterly.
"We've never exactly known fair, though, have we?"
"I guess not, no."
"Where is Raph?"
"Told him to take Lilly to his place now that Larry is here for now. They both looked so exhausted, lad." He shook his head, "Lilly's growing up so fast. Has it really been two years?"
I smirked, "Two years and three months; yeah."
"Shit."
"Yeah," I agreed.
"When are you getting out of here?" He asked.
"Well, they already stitched and bandaged me up, but the doctor said I'll probably go home tomorrow afternoon."
"Great, we can start the search tomorrow then."
"Search?" I furrowed my brows.
Daren smiled wickedly and I couldn't help and smile back. He was contagious like that; I wondered why I was so angry at all, so hurt by him before. It didn't even make sense anymore. "Mam deserves this; she deserves us as her sons." I swallowed as he spoke. "We're going to look for her tomorrow." He suddenly gave a small smile, "I have to admit that I am a wee pissed off at ya', mate. You getting to beat the shit outta' him musta' been ecstasy."
I chuckled. "Glad you understand," I agreed falsely. In reality it hurt inside. I didn't care about the bruises and the gunshot. It just hurt. I hadn't even thought about even looking for Naomi's body until just now. And, God damn, it hurt so bloody bad. Our mam was dead. As we seethed for a moment before smiling at each other again, I gained the courage to apologise to Daren. I had this throbbing inside me chest I wanted to go away, and I started, "Listen-"
"Don't you get all soft on me, little brother," Daren warned with a smirk. I smiled before he engulfed me into a hug again. "I missed this too," he said affectionately into my hair. Tears brimmed his joyful face and I couldn't help feel me own eyes start to burn.
"We're going to look for her tomorrow, yeah." I wiped my eyes and nodded.
"Yeah," he replied. "Yeah, we are."
***
"NIALL!" Lilly ran right up to me as soon as I exited the room and if it had not been for Daren behind me, I would've completely crashed down. I had a crutch and let it sit by the wall as I picked Lilly up; her light weight a tiny struggle.
"Lilly pad," I mused and squeezed her nose between my index and middle. She giggled and I smiled adoringly.
When I looked away from her, Raph, Daren, and I were quiet for a moment. "Are you ready?" He asked gently. I took a deep breath in and exhaled through my nose.
"Yeah," I nodded.