CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
LeMore
           "Remember to look when you duck. You can't just have your head down." Raphael said twisting the lid on his water bottle. It was convenient having him as a mate. I didn't have money that could just be thrown away on this shit. I needed this once Larry came into the picture, though, so, yeah. "Come on; I know you know this, mate. Now," he said setting his bottle down, and I wiped the sweat running down my temple then stuck in my mouth piece as he put his hands up with the training pads, "focus." I nodded hearing my heartbeat. "Again," he demanded loudly. I threw two punches, jab, left jab, ducking down with a circle around the left, right, coming back up. "Upper cut!" I did as he said and he nodded, "Another!" I gave it my all as I kept up on all the jabs, left jabs, uppercuts, and undercuts; ducking into circles, then coming back up one last time. I gave one more left jab and jab.
           "Good," Raph complimented with a smirk. "See, you were much more focused that time. You do you're best when your focused and you can't lose that." I nodded as I began to swallow down half of my water down my throat. "Mate, why don't you just call-" I stopped him and shook my head.
           "I told you," I rasped out, "the police won't listen. I've gone to them at least five times and nobody ever listens. He is a manipulative, demonic bastard, he is." I closed my eyes and leant my head back as I took a slow, deep breath in. "I guess it's technically four times; I tried calling the fourth and my mam practically locked me away from the world when she saw what I was doing. I don't know why she puts up with that-that-" I opened my eyes when I felt two fingers above my elbow.
           "What if I went with you?" I shook my head. It looked like he was going to say more, but he went against it, which made me happy. I didn't want to keep talking about it. He just nodded with a breath. "Okay, well, um, I got another training session at the gym with a few people," by that he meant his classes at the bloody business he owned at twenty-one, "so, you should keep working by yourself. You're doing good, mate. Keep on it," he said whilst rolling up his hand-wraps. "I'll see you later; just remember to lock up me place before you leave." I nodded.
Once he left I went over to his punching bag and tightened my wraps before I took a breath and got into position, breathing heavily. I hit the bag a few times and it swung side to side a bit. I lost focus again and began to think of last night and how I had gone to Monique's, saw someone with her, and just ditched the scene. I mean, she probably had someone over specifically to keep me away, which was smart. I guess I honestly didn't care, but the only problem was that once I went home, I heard Naomi being beaten by Larry. The door was locked, I couldn't get in, and I tried to break down the door, but I just couldn't. Nearly two hours later, after calling the cops for the fifth time and being ignored, banging on the door, trying to get neighbors to help and not getting answered, the screaming stopped. I was sitting by the door with trembling limbs and red eyes. How could somebody withstand two hours of that and live? She had to be dead. But she wasn't. And she loved him. God, that hurt. And I was angry. I was angry she loved him and he did this to her and I went in a rage after I quietly went to check on Lilly just to see her hiding in the corner of her bed with her hands over her ears. So, I sported a black eye and had a cut on my nose; the other bruises were on my back and chest and core. They looked worse than they felt since the bastard was so worn from slapping her around first. Then he passed out drunkenly. I slept outside that night and my mam nursed an unconscious Larry, not a damaged little girl or an abused son.
God damn, I wasn't training anymore, just standing there like an idiot. I grunted loudly and began to swing at the bag angrily. It swung around and I was groaning at the throbbing my knuckles felt and the hatred I felt for Larry and the hurt I felt from my mother and the love I felt for Lilly and the anger I felt for Monique. All of it was boiling up inside of me and I felt my eyes beginning to burn as I hit the bag and I felt tingles spread through my body. I was shaking and crying and I leant against the bag with my forearms, stopping its shaking with my palms. I had my head against it and tears fell down my face slowly. "What did I do to deserve this fucked up way of life?"