33~Quiet

The detective stood still....not showing any sign of any movements as he looked at the magician thief with a sad smile.

Kaito's heart sank as he turned his head down, facing the floor without uttering a single word to Shinichi.

The high school detective reassured the magician quietly as he slowly walked out of the secret passageway hidden deep into the mall...with the civilians unaware of its existence.

He quickly turned around to see the moonlight magician out of his sight as he took a deep breath before continuing to walk away.

The mall became more quiet and peaceful after the heist. However, Shinichi was anything but peaceful...he worried constantly about the magician as he continued to accompany Hakuba and Hattori towards the station.

He bit his lips as the feeling of frustration built up inside of him.

Shinichi quickly went back to his home and waited anxiously for Kaito to arrive while pacing back and forth around the room.

~Shinichi's POV~

( Ahggh...no wonder the organization wanted that jewel so much. Why was it in the crime scene in the first place? Did the victim have the jewel in their possession or did they have a deal with the organization..?)

A lot of questions appeared at my head before I faintly heard footsteps near the room.

I quickly stood up while I saw the magician still in his white attire.

" So...is it really Pandora..?" I asked him with uncertainty before he nodded weakly.

" No wonder they wanted to take this jewel..." Kaito mentioned calmly, holding the ominous jewel in his hands as he showed a disdainful smile.

I comforted the magician as we both slowly soaked in all of the information that we just unraveled before planning on what to do with the jewel.

" I didn't really expect to find Pandora any time soon....I don't really know what to do with it..." He muttered to himself as he sloppily lied down on the couch.

" What should we do, Shinichi? We can't let them have this....but we can't keep it with us all the time. They might find out..." Kaito asked me with a troubled expression on his face.

" I know...I think we'll have to talk about this with a friend of mine later..." I mentioned wearily as I slowly closed my eyes....with the feeling of drowsiness taking over me.

" Okay.....For now, we'll rest easy."

" Sleep tight, Shinichi."

" You too, Kaito...."

"......................."

" I love you."