30~The Investigation

The scene was covered by the police as they looked at the crime scene to look for important information that can pinpoint the identity of the killer. 

The three detectives scanned the entire scene as they exchanged some words with each other before they separated and look for more clues. 

Kaito observed the three with astonishment while he stayed out of their way to help them focus with their investigation. 

He stayed at the back as he waited for them to finish. 

~ Kaito's POV ~ 

( I wonder how they gather information from this place... ) 

I sighed while I stood up and stepped out of the crime scene. 

The wind was gently breezing through the trees and the other side of the street were filled with people, doing and minding their own business and unaware that there might be a killer still near this place. 

I frowned at that realization as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and smiled at the sight of the Detective of the East with a curious yet worried expression on his face. 

" Hey, are you alright? " Shinichi asked as the other two detectives followed behind him. 

" Yeah, So how was your investigation going..? " I said while I reassured Shinichi. 

" We got nothing, only a few items that the victim carried at the time of the murder.. " Hakuba muttered to himself with annoyance. 

" Ah don't ya worry about it. We will find something big eventually. " Hattori said as he attempted to cheer up the British detective. 

I chuckled at the sight of the stubborn British detective. 

We decided to take a break at a near coffee shop. 

We spent our time together, laughing and having interesting conversations with each other. 

" Well, see ya guys later.I need to go now. " Hattori said as he went his way to the other side of the road.  

 " Alright, see you. " Shinichi said his farewell as we also said our goodbye to Hakuba and went our way to Shinichi's home. 

" I wish I could stay right now...but I need to go now.. " I mentioned to the detective as I gave him a sad smile. 

" O-oh, okay. Take good care of yourself." Shinichi said softly. 

I walked away as I slowly looked back at the detective and went near the side of the street, thinking about what I should do to help with the detective's investigation. 

( Maybe I should investigate right now.. ) 

I rushed to the crime scene and noticed a shiny object near where the body was found. 

I picked up the mysterious object before I realized it was a type of jewel that I have never seen before. 

( Why is something like this here....? )  

" I should tell this to him... " I muttered to myself. 

I rushed to the nearest building as I saw two men in black pass by the crime scene. 

( It's them...I have to hurry! I have to...before it's too late... )