The creature didn't eat. He simply stared at me for as long as I ate. The fear continued to build inside me as the silence continued. My thoughts were occupied by Lisa and the evil man—the wild beast. I couldn't fight the negativity away, no matter how hard I tried. I sipped on the wine and tried to forget what happened, but I just couldn't.

"What's wrong?" Luciano asked.

I wiped away my lips with a napkin and then turned around to him.

"I don't feel safe here," I cried as I wrapped myself around his warmth. His hands settled on my back as he hugged me.

"You're safe with me," he whispered.

I shook my head as tears spiraled down my cheeks. "I wasn't safe today. If you didn't show up, then I would look just like Lisa," I sobbed in his chest while he played with the ends of my hair.

"Don't say that. Today was a mistake. Derrick didn't know who you were, which is why he harmed you. He'll be punished accordingly," Luciano explained as he pulled away and cupped my face in his large hands.

"There are so many people who don't know me...should I fear them as well?"

"No!" He exclaimed. "You don't have to fear anyone,"

"And if someone else harms me?"

"No will harm you; I promise, and as for knowing your position, everyone will be aware soon of who you are."

"Who am I?" I asked confusingly. Who was I even? The girl from a small town?

"You're my mate, my female, my queen." He leaned closer.

The edge of his thumb slid against my lips. He traced it to the center before parting them open and kissing me. A memory of my first kiss is born and imprinted on my mind, never to be forgotten. My lungs filled up faster and deeper as his kiss turns from sensual to erratic in a snap of a moment. A new divine sensation sunk in me, and my limbs felt weak. He ravaged my mouth with kisses and continued for as long as I could stand. The kiss set of a wild need in – a need that only he could fulfill. I kissed him back with the greed of more, but then he stopped.

A breathless sigh came off from me as I moved back. My eyes narrowed down in shame once again. Why do I feel so guilty? So dirty?

Luciano smiled while looking at me. His hands continued to rest on my face. "Want more?" he asked.

"Not that you're going to give me," I rolled my eyes and whispered.

"Why wouldn't I?" When his touch left my body, I felt alone like he ripped apart a piece of me. "I'm just testing your patience," he grinned.

"Nice test, I hope I pass!" My tone was filled with ignorance and taunt.

"Of course, you will,"

Brushing away all my feelings and thoughts for Luciano, I looked up at him and asked, "Can I call my Nana? It's been so long that I haven't spoken to her, she's probably worried about me."

The creature gave in and handed me over his phone. My quivering fingers went to the dial pad, and I entered Nana's number before bringing the phone up to my ear.

After two rings, she picked up the phone.

"Hello?" she said, confusingly, not knowing it was me calling.

"Hi, it's me, Red." I cried as I heard her voice. It brought back all the old memories.

"Red, oh my darling, how are you? I was worried, I thought something happened. Is everything okay? Has the Alpha done something to you? Did anyone harm you?" she asked with fear in her tone.

"No, Nana, I am fine, and everything is fine...so far." I raised my eyebrow while thinking about what happened a few moments earlier.

I just got slapped. I couldn't find the energy to say that to my Nana, so I left it out. I didn't want to worry her more.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Yes, it's good here." I looked at Luciano, who gave me a burning glare. "Very good,"

"That great, darling! Are you happy?"

I tried to avoid that question as I had mixed feelings. There were moments I felt a rush of happiness, but then there were moments when I felt nothing at all.

"Yes, it's going to get better. Take care of yourself, Nana. I will try to call you again soon."

"Goodbye, Red. Remember, you're strong. I will miss you!" she said before closing the call.

"Goodbye..."

I handed the phone back to Luciano and scratched the back of my head while wondering about Nana. For some reason, she felt terrified even when I told her that everything was fine.

"Are you happy now?" Luciano asked.

"Slightly,"

I was satisfied after speaking to Nana but not happy. The hollow in my chest was still empty.

"My father wants to speak to you–privately." The creature said.

"Why?" I asked.

He shrugged, "He asked for you,"

Read up to chapter 20 on patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr