Chapter : 40

"I'm addicted to you, I have tasted your mind and I cannot forget it's flavor,"

Red

New energy and optimism strived inside me as the bells rang. The sun peeked brightly through the thick clouds. Creatures stood in line, cheering and hooting names as I was taken towards the throne room, it was the same room where I had seen Luciano's father for the first time. He bought me here on that night and then took me to his room, which was my room now.

My grandma was behind me, being accompanied by Valarie and one of the guards. The other two bulky monsters stood by me as there was a danger lurking outside the castle walls. I couldn't believe that Luciano didn't tell me of this.

Wasn't I important enough to know what was happening? We never sat down together and neither we ever spoke about our pasts. There was nothing in mines except for Nana, Nana, and Nana. Luciano ought to keep many secrets. He had many stories to tell. He had many scars across his body that I had seen while having sex with him and not once, he had spoken to me.

All the disappointment for Luciano vanished away when I walked into the throne room and found him standing by the entrance. He wore a brownish-red suit that resembled mines.

Our gazes locked and we shared a smile together. The smile immediately faded away from my lips when I looked forward. The room was covered with almost twenty werewolves, in their true form, standing beside each guard. I gasped and took a step back out of fright, I was totally not going to step in a room filled with wolves.

"It's alright, they won't harm," Luciano whispered in my ear as he took my hand.

Alright. I shrugged.

We walked towards the King and the Queen's throne. Jaqueline and Vincent were both seated on their positions. The crown hung loosely on their heads and they also had a pair of wolves beside them.

I looked at one of the wolves and a shiver ran down my spine. He was scary - just as Luciano was in his wolf form but I was getting used to the wolves being around.

Another loud, ear-piercing bell rang and echoed through the castle. King Vincent got off his throne and walked over to the center. Luciano dropped my hand and kneeled in front of the king.

"Luciano Hanson, the king of wolves." Mr. Vincent said as he placed his crown on his son's head. The crowd cheered as he took his place on his father's throne.

Luciano was the temporary king long before I ever came but the official coronation couldn't be done until he had found his mate - which was me. He ran all his father's duties and did what king was supposed to do as Mr. Vincent retired from his position. On the other hand, Jaqueline quit her position and moved back to England where her family was decades ago.

Jaqueline stood up from her throne and went over to the middle along with her ex-husband by her side. The throne was huge, gilded and jeweled with sparkling ornaments. It was my cue to kneel down in front of the former queen and take my crown.

I looked back at my Nana who seemed to be proud but I hadn't done anything to achieve this position. A lot of thoughts ran across my head as the second bell rang and silence spread across the room.

Finally, I kneeled down in front of Jaqueline. My breathing quickened and a chill grew inside me. Ice shivered down my spine as the crown was placed above my head.

"Red Wallow, the queen of the wolves," Jaqueline said after positioning the crown on my head. Was I capable of being the queen? We were all going to find out today.

I stood up from the ground and sat beside Luciano.

The silence vanished away as the crowd clapped and cheered, "All hail the king and the queen!" They exclaimed.

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed something moving up towards me. With a pang, I realized it was one of the wolves that were beside me. In a snap of a moment, his speed fastened and he jolted up on the air. I shrieked out as the creature tried to attack me but it was failed when Vincent stepped in and took the bite that was supposed to be given to me.

Impaled, I choked a cry as Mr. Vincent landed on the ground with a thud. Blood swooned out of his arm that was bitten by the wolf. Panic rioted from all directions but I couldn't concentrate on anything apart from the puddle of blood that was underneath my feet.

After days of researching and staring at hot guys, I found our Luciano daddy. I hope the story isn't ruined for anyone, of course you can imagine whatever and whoever you want too.