"Thank you for having me."

The sound of a familiar voice snags my attention and I snap my head to the TV. I see the presenter with none other than Prince Stefan himself. According to the summary at the bottom, this is footage from an interview with Stefan that took place just last week in regards to the upcoming wedding.

"You're most welcome your majesty! Now, if you'd pardon my directness, England is all too eager to hear all about this new bride of yours! She's from France, is that correct?"

"Yes." Stefan offers a million dollar smile and I can't help but catch my breath. He looks as handsome as ever, maybe even more so than normal. "She's France's one and only crown princess."

"And how did you meet?"

"Well... I travelled to France with my Father to attend to some business. That's where we met for the first time..." my eyebrows furrow; it would seem it hasn't been made public knowledge this is a marriage of convenience rather than of love. Unless... no. He wouldn't have lied to me. Would he? "She's absolutely stunning, in looks and personality. England will love her." Every word he says is a stab to my heart as I watch him gush about another woman - who I'd never considered he had ever had any genuine feelings for. From what I'd been told, and observed, she was a snobby, spoiled princess who knew nothing of the real world and disliked anyone without an abundance money and an esteemed title. "When we first met, she didn't know who I was. She treated me like any other man and I just knew I had to get to know her. She was - is - the most beautiful woman I have ever had the pleasure to meet." His eyes seem to pierce mine through the screen. I feel three pairs of eyes land on mine but I'm transfixed on the screen.

He's talking about me. About us... on international TV.

When I can finally tear my eyes away from the screen, I see Alex, Lexi and Em are all looking at me. Biting my lip I look away, unable to fully process what the hell I just heard. On one hand my heart is racing; he has just shared our love story and confessed to the world what he confessed to me. But why? And to the world he's talking about Matilda not me. I don't exist to the world - our love doesn't exist to the world.

"That is one of the most romantic encounters I've heard!" The presenter all but squeals, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Matilda sounds like quite the catch."

"M-Matilda. Yes." Stefan seems to stumble over her name but manages to smooth himself out. "I can't wait to marry her."

➰➰➰

I leave to take a break. Watching the TV with everyone else is too much. I just need a break before it hits 12 and their marriage is officiated.

"Rosie?" I turn to see Em has wandered after me. "You weren't going to hog that all without sharing were you?" She gestures at the tub of ice cream in my hand with her eyes narrowed. Shrugging off a laugh I slide her a spoon and she sinks into the kitchen stool next to me. We sit in since for a while before she breaks it.

"It'll get easier."

"I know. It's just... there are reminders of him everywhere. I went all the way to England - for him! He was part of such a big event in my life... I spent weeks there, getting to know him and his family. I just feel so stupid to ever think we'd ever have a chance."

"I'm sorry Rosa." She pulls me into a hug without offering any advice. What can you say? There sure as hell isn't a hand book for this situation.

After a few more minutes, we head back into the living room. Everyone turns to look at me but seem to avert their eyes pretty quickly. Em doesn't think I see her shooing then away with her hands but I catch the movement from the corner of my eye. "What happening now?" She asks as she sinks back down onto the sofa next to Alex.