Chapter 10

Recap:

Then, he leans forward and kisses me.

The Truth

Not to sound cliché, but fireworks explode in my head. Electric shocks of pleasure and desire shoot down my body as I return the kiss. His kiss is slow and caring. It's gentle and comforting. He breaks apart long enough to roll on top of me. He places his hands either side of my head and hovers over me before attaching our lips again. I reach up and wrap my arms around his neck. This time, his kiss is harder. Fiercer. It's more passionate and full of desire.

"You're something special." He murmurs against my lips.

I look up at him and bring one of my hands to the back of his head. I pull him down at the same time I raise my head and our lips crash together once again. It's so perfect, but I just know I'll regret it as soon as we stop kissing. So I savour every minute instead. Every moment. I saviour the feel of his lips, the pleasure, my joy. I let myself just bask in these few intimate moments.

We separate, breathless and I look into his eyes. His eyes are beautiful. They're a chocolatey, hazel brown and draw you into a world of mystery and intrigue. He looks warmly at me and I can see a sparkle in his eyes.

"You're perfect." He whispers.

"You're pretty perfect to." I find myself replying and he smiles broadly at my response.

➰➰➰

It's late afternoon and I have 3 hours until dinner. Courtney and Lily have been summoned to serve the King, Queen and a couple of guests they are having. They've promised they'll be back an hour or so before dinner with my dress and makeup.

I don't really mind though. I'm currently sat on my balcony. It looks out onto the palace gardens-the public ones. The one Stefan took me earlier was a secret part of the palace I think. I'm currently sat on the floor, leaning against the wall next to the French doors. The sun is setting but I close my eyes and soak in the last rays of warmth, with one thought on my mind.

Stefan. Shock... he's been living rent free in my head pretty much 24/7 since that first night I met him. Stefan has 50 girls in this selection. How do I know he's not kissing every other girl? And is he kissing them like he did to me? I'm sure he's not like that. I mean he seems pretty chivalrous and sincere to me, but I don't know that for sure. I mean I hardly know know him really, and that scares me. My feelings for him. The speed and intensity in which they have developed scares me. I've always been a hopeless romantic; one of those girls who's obsessed with all the romcoms, who subscribes to love at first sight, who wants all the cheesy cliches... but now it's happening to me it's surreal. Scary even. It's nothing I've ever experienced before; and I'm scared to embrace it.

"Rose?"

I open my eyes and turn my head to see the very man himself standing in my room.

"Stefan..." He follows my voice and his eyes latch onto me sitting on the balcony. He approaches me and comes to sit next to me. He leans over and gives me a quick kiss on the lips. All doubts and worries from earlier disappear and I smile despite myself. As soon as the kiss ends though, they all flood back and I can't help but frown.

"Hey what's wrong?"

"Nothing..."

Stefan doesn't buy my lie which is just as well as I'd be disappointed if he believed my shaky tone.

"Come on Rose. Tell me." He persuades and I sigh. Crouching in front of me, he puts a finger underneath my chin and gently turns my face so he's looking directly into my eyes. "Please tell me. It saddens me to see you troubled like this."