Chapter 1

***Zelilah's P.O.V.***

'Beep, beep'

Ugh! The sound of my stupid alarm clock rang again. I've awoken myself and fixed my appearance. Its the first day of my senior year so i have to look presentable. ' yeah right. Like anyone's gonna notice'. Damn! Its the voice in my head again. Even if that's an insult, it's true though. You see, I may be the valedictorian of our year, I may have the highest grades, I may recite very often, but people in my school don't care about that. They only care about who's best in bed, who throws the best parties, who has the greatest body, and stuff like that. Even if the popular kids on my school are spoiled twats, there always is one guy who stands above all of them.

And that guy is Ashton Irwin. He bullied me for almost my whole life! But this year, I feel relieved because its the last year I'd ever have to spend with him. Anyway, I got into the shower and after that, I wore my tight cian checkered top and my beach dark bootcut jeans. I braided my brunette hair to the side and went downstairs to be greeted by my mother who was making and serving oatmeal.

"Hey mom!" I made my way over to her and kissed her cheek.
"Hi sweetie!" She said giving me a side hug.

I sat down next to my dad on his laptop quickly typing something, obviously rushing it.

"Hey Zelilah! Got everything ready for your first day?" Dad asked me taking a sip of his coffee while his eyes are still glued at the laptop screen.
"Yup! I just wish that this year will be better than my last ones." I said starting to eat my oatmeal.
"Oh baby. No matter how hard things get, you can pass through it by being yourself." My mother told me.

I just sighed knowing that nothing will change. I finished my oatmeal and said goodbhe to my parents. I opened tbe door to my mini van, making sure I had everything I needed. I drove to the school being the one who parks first since Im usually the first student to ever arrive in school. I got out and went directly to the bench at the back of the school. I just usually sit here until people start filling the halls.

I got my ipad out and plugged the earphones in my ears. After a good 40 minutes of listening to music, the gate started being crowded with teens. I got up, gathered my belongings, and went directly to my first class which happened to be biology. As I was walking to Mr. Lawfon's classroom, somebody shoved my books away. I looked up and saw that it was Ashton.

"What's your problem, Irwin? Its the first day of school. What could possibly bug you on the first day?" I asked him picking up my books.
"You're my problem Zelilah. Shouldn't you have to be joining something by now? Like the science fare, or some stupid clubs that no one else joins to." Ashton sighed now getting a crowd of people around us.

I just ignored his reply and tried passing through the crowd. But Ashton pushed me through the lockers behind us and eyed me up and down.

"Listen to me Xzumoi (A\N: its pronounced as Zhumwah), I know that you're allergic to berries, and my mom has lots of them. So you better watch out."
"Ooh! I'm so scared!" I replied sarsastically and with that, I walked away.

I continued to walk to Mr. Lawfon's classroom. As I got in, I was greeted by a happy Mr. Lawfon, so I sat at the middle of the front row. While waiting for the bell to ring, I prepared myself for the next lesson and read my previous notes about biology. Class started, Mr. Lawfon started asking questoons, I answer, and all those stuff. That has always been the routine. Another period stopped by, and recess came.

I went to the cafeteria to find something to eat. I grabbed a slice of chocolate cake and some apple juice. I've headed over to my usual table that no one even bothers to sit at because they know that I sit there. As I was finishing my food, I saw Ashton looking down at a girl, who looked very helpless on the floor. She seemed and looked like a freshman. She doesn't deserve this so I walked over to her and Ashton and a bunch of other kids wanting a fight. I pushed through the crowd and said: