Chapter 24

***Ashton's P.O.V.***

I recalled the events yesterday. It still sickens me. And like I said yesterday, Zelilah Xzumoi, get ready for your first heartbreak.

I walked to the halls leading to the cafeteria with Rebekah by my side. She was clinging into my arm like her life depended on it. It bothers me, but as long as I get to make Zelilah jealous, then I'm okay with it. At the corner of my eye, I saw Zelilah looking at me. But when I looked at her, she quickly looked away. Well, she has to see some time soon.

This time, I didn't sit at Zelilah's table. I sat with my friends at their table. Every once in a while, I would check on Zelilah to see if she was looking back. But unfortunately, she wasn't. Not even once.

It was now dismissal time and I have no intentions whatsoever to drive Zelilah home. Maybe that would make her suspicious. Anyway, I got into my car and drove home with Rebekah. And by home, I meant the flat that the guys and I are staying at. The time I stepped foot in, I felt a punch in my face.

"Dude! What are you trying to do?!" Michael yelled.

"Whatever I am trying to do, that's none of your business." I said calmly, took Rebekah's hand, and headed directly to the kitchen. She tried putting some ice on my cheek but I just pushed her away.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

It has been days since I last talked to Zelilah. Moreover, in those days, I have been ditching, cutting, and skipping classes. And in those days, I've been receiving thousands of texts from Zelilah. Some of those included:

"Hey! How are you?"

"Are you okay?"

"Are you sick? Why weren't you in school?"

Guess what, I never replied. Not to even one message. The next time I see her, I'm definitely, already breaking up with her.

I was here at the flat with the guys. We were playing in the living room. I may be thinking about a lot right now, but at least I don't play as bad as Luke. He used to be so good at this game. But not as good as Michael tho. 

"Mate, are you okay?" I asked Luke

He just sighed, stood up, and said "Let's talk in the kitchen."

So I followed him to the kitchen. "Something bothering you back?" I asked him.

"Yea. Why are you doing this?" 

"What am I doing?"

"Why are you doing this to Zelilah?"

"Is there something wrong with what I'm doing?"

"It's a hundred percent wrong! Zelilah doesn't deserve this!"

"Since when did you care about her?"

"Since you started treating her like shit!"

"Then if you care about her so much, why don't you go date her then?! I couldn't care less!" With that said, I left the kitchen.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

I walked the halls of the school still holding Rebekah's hand. Luke glared at me, but I just smirked at him. I walked over to Zelilah's locker and said loud enough for everyone to hear: "I'm breaking up with you" and smiled wide xD