Chapter 22

***Zelilah's P.O.V. ***

Even though Luke tried to comfort me yesterday, I still sense something fishy going on. Ashton just isn't like this. He's much crueler and heartless, selfish even! Why would he care about me? Or a better question, why should I care about him?

As much as I think that we'll never work out, I still feel something unusual when I'm with him. He treats me like no one ever did. He treats me like he actually loves me. And for that, I'm forced to love him back.

Shrugging everything out of my mind, I went and got ready for school. I went down and sat by the counter. My sister is already downstairs and is lost in her phone. I went and sat next to her, eating my cereals.

***Zianah's P.O.V. ***

"The weather is really great right now, isn't it?" Ashton messaged me.

"Well, yeah. It's really sunny out. I feel like skipping school and spending the rest of my day outside. BTW, you're not much of an asshole as I thought you were." I replied before leaving the table and fixing myself breakfast.

In the middle of fixing myself breakfast, I heard Zelilah yell out "Zianah, you received a new message and it's from..."

***Zelilah's P.O.V. ***

"Zianah, you received a new message and it's from..." I trailed off...

"Ashton" I mumbled to myself after reading the message.

~Skip to lunch~

I saw Ashton and tried my best to avoid him. I didn't even talk to him this morning and ate recess by the library. But it's time to eat lunch and the library is closed until 12:45. So one way or another, I had to eat with Ashton.

"Why have you been ignoring me? Ashton asked just when he sat down across me.

"Don't act like you don't know." I shot him a glare.

"I don't know." He replied, returning my glare.

"Ashton, if you don't even want to be with me, you could always tell me! Not behind my back!" I yelled.

By now, everyone in the cafeteria had their attention to us but I could care less. I mean, yeah, Ashton already stole my heart and we're officially dating. And okay, I confess, I have grown some feelings for Ashton. So I have every right to be mad at him.

"I don't even know what you're fucking mad about!" Ashton yelled back.

"Who does she think she is? Just because she dating THE Ashton Irwin, it doesn't mean that she's popular." One of the girls snickered rather loudly.

"Bitch please! I don't even know if they're dating for real!" Another girl replied loudly for everyone to hear.

Everyone soon started laughing. I looked at them for a second and looked at Ashton again.

"You seriously don't know?" I asked him before leaving.

***Ashton's P.O.V. ***

I would run after her but I decided not to. I've done enough running for this month. Especially to someone I could give less of a fuck about. It's not like I did anything wrong to her! Unless she knows about me using her! I ran to the back of the school and took a cigarette out of the pack that's in my back pocket. I know that Zelilah probably hate smokers but I don't really give a fuck about what she thinks right now. I'm only using her anyway.

After about 2 minutes of smoking, the boys came up to me. I swiftly dropped my cigarette to the ground and pinned Luke to the wall behind me, gripping on his collar tightly.

"I thought I told you to not tell her!" I yelled at him.

"I didn't tell her! I swear!" Luke yelled back.

"Then why is she suspicious?" Without thinking, I punched him square in the jaw.

"What the fuck, Ashton? May I remind you that you were the one who came up with this idea in the first place?" Michael yelled, helping Luke up to his feet.

"You can just go straight to Zianah and leave her sister alone, y'know?" Calum shouted back.

Before I could shoot back a response, a teacher came up and led us to the Principal's Office. Great! Looks like I'm having detention, again!

"Why? Why do you students always have to act like this?" Principal Roy let out a frustrated sigh.

"Ask Ashton about that" Calum huffed.

Principal Roy just ignored him and continued talking.

"Your performance was going great lately. Especially you Ashton! What happened?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Luke roll his eyes.  I crossed my arms over my chest and looked away in an attempt to avoid answering the question.

"It looks like we have to go back to our old routine. The four of you are spending one hour of detention." Principal Roy sternly said.

"Ooh! What a shocker!" Michael sarcastically said and all four of us laughed.

Principal Roy easily got annoyed and told us to get out. While we were getting out of that sucky room, I saw Zelilah walking, probably getting to her next class.

"Zelilah" I grabbed her hand before she could start running away again.

"What do you want?" She doesn't look happy or angry.

"Just listen to me for a few minutes"

"See you in History" She sighed and walked away.

Hiiiiiiiiiii! I'm so sorry for not updating in a very VERY long time. I just enjoyed my summer. I'm in Asia so school already started on the first of June.  Anyway, I'm now in the 9th grade. And I'm thinking about adding Bryana Holly to this story (but she doesn't come until the latter part). What do you guys think? I'm running out of conflicts and this fanfic will end when they (Zelilah and Ashton) graduate. Anyway, byeeeeeeeee!

Ig: @bandaholic.youtuber.addictxzzz (fan account)

      @im_kat_lazo (personal)

Twitter: @im_kat_lazo