Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Crystal's POV

I grew up surrounded with LOVE. I was one of the lucky people in the world who was blessed with a wonderful family.

My mornings were usually awesome. Kisses, sweet cupcakes, and the heavenly aroma of my dad's espresso would greet me every time I enter the dining room.

"Good morning, princess. Did you sleep well?" My dad, Eros Petrakis' usual greeting after I gave him a peck on his cheek. He was seated at the head of a fourteen-seater rectangular table, sipping his coffee.

"Very."

I settled in my assigned seat at his left side. There was a plate already prepared for me. It has a croissant, a slice of ham, fried egg, and three strawberries. It was paired with my favorite hot chocolate drink.

"Where's Mom?" I asked when I saw a half-emptied cup of coffee across me.

"She's taking a call. Your grandma Ruby called."

I nodded then took a sip of my hot chocolate drink.

"I dreamed that I was riding a rollercoaster."

"Hmm...maybe we should go to Disneyland after your school term. It has been awhile since we went there." He sipped his espresso and raised his thick dark eyebrows.

"Really? That would be great."

"Sure. I'll have it arranged this week so we can get good accommodation." He winked at me then took his phone. "By the way..." He paused, looking at the screen of his phone.

I waited for him to continue, but it took him awhile. "What is it?" I asked.

"I downloaded TikTok last night, and there's this new father and daughter dance craze that I think we should try."

"No way, Dad!" I laughed at his suggestion. "You know I don't dance."

"Come on, it's going to be lit."

Dad was crazy sometimes, trying to catch up with today's generation. Even using trendy terminologies that made me cringe sometimes.

"You should do it with Mom. Uncle Inigo and Aunt Chloe did the Savage Love dance on TikTok."

"No...no, count me out." My mom, Jade Petrakis, caught our conversation as she entered the dining room. "I would rather sing than embarrass myself in dancing!"

"Honey, I swear, dancing is less embarrassing." Dad assured Mom.

"Whatever. I'm not doing it." Mom said then turned to me. "How did you sleep?"

"Like a baby." I answered.

"Good." Mom heaved a sigh.

It was always like that in the morning. My parents would ask me if I slept well. It started when I had terrible nightmares two years ago. I would wake up shouting and crying. Lucky for me, it gradually stopped.

"So, are we going to practice our dance for TikTok today?" Dad asked Mom.

"No way." Mom's eyes grew big.

"Come on, honey. We're not getting any younger, let's do it."

"That's the point. We're not young anymore." Mom reasoned.

I would always leave the breakfast table with a wide smile. My dad would not stop teasing Mom until she would laugh aloud.

On my way to school, I listened to my favorite love radio station inside the car while pretending not to hear the flirty words exchanged between my nanny Enna and my driver/bodyguard Jack.