Chapter Seven: A Prayer From Home

Start from the beginning

"Just continue down the road you were travelling on to get here. You'll eventually run into them. They change their camps every few weeks or so."

I was surprised the man answered without much of a fight. Then again they could be beginning to lose the war and losing our parents would be a huge setback for them on the war front.

"So, explain something to me." I started.

The men before us seemed to notice my growing animosity and positioned themselves to bolt for the door.

"What is it, Boy? Out with it!"

Rastus tried setting a hand on my shoulder in an attempt to calm me down. But I just shrugged off his hand and a low growl rippled out of my chest. My alternate sides were demanding blood again. I had these strong urges to put the men before me in their places. But in reality, who was I to say where their places were.

"Did you let them take our sister?" I yelled, finally exploding.

Bright red angry flames engulfed my entire form. Instantly heating the room and effectively trapping the men inside.

"Of course not!" The man lied, his hole energy changing.

Everything about him emanated he was lying to save his skin.

"He's going to kill us all, Sir! Don't lie to them! Their practically Gods!" One of the soldiers begged the stubborn man.

That told me all I needed to know. The arrogant male would never admit to being in the wrong and the poor men following him had no choice. I took a step back and tried to take a couple of deep breaths to calm myself. Rastus set a hand on my shoulder again but tightened his grip so I wouldn't refuse his aid.

Not that I had any intention to this time. I let him use his own flames to take over mine and smother them out. Once I was finally calm, Rastus extinguished his own flames and we both looked at the trembling men before us.

"You've told me all I needed to know. Admit to our Mother what you've done. Or may the Gods have mercy for she may have none for you. If you're responsible for her little girl being taken. Not only will our Mother lose it. Our Father will probably destroy this entire building himself. If you thought they were brutal on the battlefield. You've seen nothing compared to a parent's fury. I suggest you men evacuate to a different base."

Rastus patted my shoulder and smirked at my speech. I was slowly getting better at this entire, not losing myself to anger thing. As much as I wanted to make them all suffer just as Dendra and Rose are right now. I know neither of them would want us to do that. But our parents on the other hand. They were a different story. They were warriors through and through.

"Shall we be off then, Bro?"

I nodded to Rastus as the men in the room remained paralyzed in fear. We walked out and bumped into our parents on our way back to their room. They were all packed and had the owl Demon in tow. They even had our bags with them. Mother handed our bags to us before pulling us into a tight embrace. We exchanged tight hugs, my heart aching we would be apart again so soon.

"You go bring your sister home. You hear? And you stay safe! Your Father and I have some business to take care of before we leave for home."

Rastus and I nodded. We both knew what we needed to do, and we knew what our parents had planned. They needed to hear the truth for themselves. But once they did get the truth. I had no idea how either of them were going to handle it.