Chapter Seven: A Prayer From Home

When we all next awoke it was to the loud sound of someone frantically banging against the door. We were all startled awake and we immediately armed ourselves before opening the door. To our surprise, an owl Demon stood dishevelled and breathing heavily.

"Whoa! Whoa! Breath!" Mother tried to comfort the Demon and dropped her weapon.

The smaller owl femme looked exhausted and her white eyes shone with despair. The feeling of dread struck my gut like a sharp sword. Her brown locks flowed down in knotted waves as her torn armour and shredded clothes stuck to her sweating form. We all waited for the poor girl to catch her breath. I noted even parts of her brownish-black wings looked torn in places.

"T-The Kingdom begs for everyone's return. We've been attacked again! I travelled as fast as my wings could take me." The femme finally managed to get out.

"What do you mean we've been attacked again?" Mother questioned.

Mother and Father's aura's changed like a flipped switched. I was worried they would blow up and alight the entire bunker on fire.

"Mom, Dad. This is what we came here to tell you about. Dendra was taken in the last attack on the Kingdom." Rastus explained with a gentle tone.

"But the Humans are supposed to be helping the Kingdom. They're supposed to make sure no one makes it to the Kingdom!" Mother's voice started to raise.

"We need their maps to the Labs first, Mother." I set a hand on her shoulder, effectively calming her.

"Of course. No worries, my Children. We will have those maps for you. One way or another."

Father had remained silent this entire time. But I could tell he was close to exploding. My wings ruffled in agitation.

"Mother, Father. I suggest you go home after Rastus and I get those maps. We're going to need you to keep the Kingdom safe. We believe the Humans haven't been holding up their end of the deal you made with them."

Our parents nodded and tended to the poor owl before us. They sat her down inside their room and gave her some water. While Rastus and I made our way to the war room. We passed by many Humans who looked at us with either fear or disgust. Most of the time it was both. Rastus was growing more agitated by the second and I wasn't far from reaching my limit myself.

By using our strong sense of smell, it didn't take us long to find the war room. We calmly walked in to find the same man from last night and a couple of soldiers dressed similar to the guard. New maps were spread about the table. Each one with a different location circled.

Checking all of them for Rose and Dendra would take too long. But it struck me with an idea. If we were to find some Nazi troops than we might be able to get captured and taken to the same lab they're holding Dendra and Rose in.

Like Rose said, more important people end up in that lab. If we somehow announced our royal lineage while attacking, then they would be more likely to take us straight to them. Rastus looked over at me with a curious look as I completely ignored what the man before us had said.

"Are you deaf, Boy?" The higher up quipped.

I couldn't be bothered to learn the ignorant man's name. Nor did I have any intention of showing the respect he demanded. I had this horrible feeling he was one of the main men behind the armies making it to our island.

"Where is the closest enemy camp?" I questioned, my voice unnaturally calm.

Rastus raised a brow before eyeing all the maps and coming to the same realization I had.