I nodded at her, "why thank you."

Liam was still laughing, looking at her. "Zayn is doing great here."

"I can tell," Grace grinned. "And Kat is very happy too."

Liam kept looking at Grace as if she was the most important thing in the world. I noticed that he was infatuated with her but she probably didn't realize.

"Well guys, I have a lunch with Dad so I better head out," Grace said. She turned to her side and hugged Liam, and Liam didn't hesitate to hug her back; tightly.

"Want me to walk you out?" Liam asked her.

"No thanks," she smiled at him. "You two stay here, I'll catch up later. Bye guys."

"Bye Grace," we both said as she walked out of the door.

Once I was sure she was out of listening range, I cleared my throat. Liam turned to me and raised an eyebrow.

"You like her," I announced.

Liam furrowed his eyebrows, "what? No. Zayn, you're talking nonsense."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "you're in love with her, Liam."

Liam's eyes widened and he reached over, shutting my door. He immediately walked to my desk and sat across from me.

"Is it that obvious?" He asked.

I chuckled, "it's alright mate. I'm pretty sure I was just like that with Kat. Now all you have to do is let her know."

He shook his head, "no way, Zayn. Her dad is my boss, I can't do that."

I smiled at him, "whatever Liam, but you're going to have to tell her one day or another."

Liam sighed, "I know Zayn. I just don't want to risk everything, you know?"

I nodded, then opened my mouth to give some more advice when he interrupted me and said, "let's forget about that. How's your article coming along?"

I shrugged, "making some final changes and getting ready to publish."

"Did it already go through the editor?"

"Yeah."

He smiled, "great. The first ever article written by Zayn Malik."

Then a thought hit my with realization. Fear had been slapped onto my face.

"I can't use my name, Liam," I said to him.

Liam furrowed his eyebrows, "what'd you mean?"

I stared at him. Maybe I should tell him that I ran away but I didn't want him going around and telling people. Someone might even write an article about it.

"I just can't," I said, "someone who I don't want to find me will find me."

Liam's eyes widened, "you didn't commit murder did you?"

I chuckled, "no mate. But I just can't put my name on the paper."

He stared at me, trying to figure out what I was hiding. Then he looked behind him to check if the door was closed, and once he noticed that it was, the turned back to me.

"You're going to have to tell me mate," Liam said quietly. "I won't tell anyone. Unless you committed murder which in that case, I have to."

I looked down and stared at my hands. Then I looked back up at Liam and sighed; I had to let him know.

"Alright," I said, "but you can't tell anyone. Not even Grace. Okay?"

Liam nodded, bracing himself.

"Kat and I, we ran away," I revealed.