Kamille clenched her jaw with annoyance, shaking her shirt to cool it off as she couldn't locate any napkins nearby. Her shirt was stained, her skin was tingling, and her temper was high. She was beginning to seriously hate this place.

Heading back to the table, coffee-less and grumpier than before, Kamille sat down beside Alicia, focusing on her breakfast tray.

"Kam, what happened?" Alicia asked, seeming to realise the steaming coffee on her shirt. "Did you spill your coffee?"

"It doesn't matter," Kamille mumbled, picking up her fork and clutching it a little too tightly.

"Did somebody do that on purpose?" Nick asked, before looking around as if expecting to find the culprit immediately.

"Wait," Alicia got out before jumping up to do something. She returned quickly enough, napkins in hand, and was fussing over Kamille like a child.

"Alicia, I'm fine," Kamille said, trying to stop her from patting her dry. "I got it."

"Okay, okay," Alicia gave in, letting Kamille accept the napkins herself and use them. "But somebody did this to you, didn't they?"

Kamille could feel Alicia and Nick's eyes watching her, waiting for an answer.

"It was an accident, it's not a big deal," Kamille said, not wanting to give them a reason to get worried.

"That was not an accident," Nick mumbled, getting agitated at the situation.

"Nick, leave it," Kamille told him sternly, not wanting him to start something unnecessarily.

"Here, you can have mine," Alicia said, pushing her cup of coffee towards Kamille, but the older girl shook her head.

"It's okay," she mumbled, putting the last soggy napkin on the table, feeling gross at the coffee smell and stain on her shirt.

"Hey, guys! How is everything?" Jake asked, stopping by their table, before his eyes drew towards Kamille's stained shirt. "Oh, gosh, d'you need some napkins, Kamille?"

Kamille opened her mouth to respond, but Alicia spoke instead.

"She's got some, we're good," she replied bitterly, and Kamille glanced at her with confusion, seeing the grumpiness return to her in a split second.

"Okay, well, would you like my coffee?" Jake asked Kamille. "I've not had it yet, but you can have it."

Kamille ignored Alicia's inconspicuous scoff as she shook her head, offering a small, forced smile. "It's okay, Jake, really."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure. Besides, I like tea more anyway," she joked, making Jake chuckle.

"Okay, I guess I'll catch you later then. Don't read all those books at once!"

Kamille let out a small laugh. "See you later."

When he left, Kamille felt Alicia's gaze on her and turned to meet it, seeing the confusion on her face.

"What books?" she asked, not following.