chapter 45

They pull up to the abandoned house.

"Okay, I've notified Xavier about our whereabouts and he's sending more people over." Officer Brooks said.

"So what's the plan?" Officer Smith asked.

"I'm just gonna go in there and pretend that the plan is working and I'm about 20 minutes you guys can come in." Baron said.

"I'm only waiting for only 5 minutes and that's it," Ruby said.

"Or we could do that. That's totally fine. Just stick to the plan." Baron said.

Officer Taylor uncuffs Baron.

"And remember, if you're just screwing with us, we will have no problem shooting." Officer Brooks said.

Baron gulped.

"Don't worry. I won't do anything else but help you." He says he gets out of the car.

"Just letting you guys know, I'm going in there by myself." Ruby said.

"Ruby you can't-"

Ruby interrupts Officer Brooks.

"I can and I will. And if I'm not back in 5 minutes, you guys come in." Ruby said.

Then Ruby gets a calls from Xavier.
PHONE CONVO

X: RUBY WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU???? I TOLD YOU NOT TO LEAVE!!!

R: Okay look, you and my dad can be mad at me later but we found Clark and Alexa.

X: You did? Where are they?

R: Well we found Alexa at Mandy's house and she's on her way home safe and sound. And Clark is in this abandoned house. One of Mandy's minions ratted her out.

X: How do you know he's not tricking you?

R: I know this guy. He won't try anything. And I know Officer Brooks just informed you about where we are and you're gonna send people over. So I'm fine.

X: Okay Ruby. I'll be there with backup ASAP. Just stay safe.

R: I will. Bye.

END OF CONVO
.......................................
"Mandy?" Baron called out.

"Baron! Fancy seeing you here. You came here for more work?" Mandy asked.

"More work? What do you want me to do?" Baron asked.

"Take care of Clark. He's all bruised up from the beating from my henchmen and I don't want to touch him. So, clean him up." Mandy says as she hands him a small first aid kit.

"Alright, Mandy," Baron said.

Baron goes into the room and finds Clark sitting in the corner crying his eyes out.