The Child

Landing on Arvala-7 was easy enough, but once stepping out I was greeted by a man riding a wild blurrg. "Hello. I am here to-" "Are you a bounty hunter?" "Uh, Sure. You can call me Aria." He nods. "Kuiil. I will help you, Aria. I have spoken."

I follow Kuiil back to his camp on a second blurrg I had to capture along the way. A ship lands a mile away and not soon after the captain is tackled by two wild blurrg's.

We ride closer watching the man struggle. "Should we do something?" "You tell me. You're the bounty hunter." I glace at Kuiil. "I like your attitude."

I jump off my blurrg and ran at the two attacking the man. I jump over the first one throwing a toxic coated knife at the one sprinting at him and then throw another into the skin of the other one clamped on his arm.

I lean down to the man smiling. "You okay there?" The masked man tilts his head to me and nods. "Thank you."

I help him up earning a nod.

"You are a bounty hunter," Kuiil asks him. "Yes." He says in a deep voice.

I look over at him and realize he's the Mandalorian I had seen before.

"I will help both of you. I have spoken." Kuiil starts riding away.

"I've figured out he's not much of a talker. I'm Aria." I stick my hand out, but the Mandalorian just looks at me and then away silently following. "Yeah, good to meet you too."

~

Little did the young warrior know, Mando was scaling up her skills, noting the easiest ways to take her down. This was the girl. The fearless Resistance Warrior who caused so much death for the winning side.

He also had taken notice of the beautiful face he had seen before.

None of that can affect this job.

This is the way.

~

"Many have passed through. They seek the same one as you." I sit on a crate sipping tea Kuiil made.

"Did you help them?" "Yes." "They died." I choke on the drink looking at him. "Died? Then I'm not so sure we want your help." Kuiil nodded. "You do. I can show you to the encampment."

"What's your cut?" "Half." "Half the bounty to guide? Seems steep." Mando says.

"Well assuming I get the to the target first... doesn't seem like such a bad deal. Better than death." Mando looks at me tilting his head. "You so sure?" I shrug. "I'm stronger than I look, metalhead." "We'll see." "Oh, please. Don't you remember who saved you back there?" "You didn't save me." I hum rolling my eyes. "You so sure?" I fire back smirking. 

"Half the blurrg Aria helped capture." Mando turns his head towards me. I simply wave and smile. "The blurrg? You can keep them both." "No, you will need one. To ride. The way is impossible to pass without a blurrg mount." Mando's shoulders fall slightly. "I don't know how to ride blurrg." I hum smirking at him. "It's just looking better for me isn't, metalhead?" He turns to me to what I can only assume is a glare. I sigh walking up and flicking his helmet. "Lighten up," I smirk walking out of the tent.

~o0o~

Water doused my face forcing me out of my rest. I gasp sitting up wiping my eyes. "Good Morning." I see Kuiil and Mando standing above me, Kuiil smiling with an empty bucket in hand. "I need you to teach your fellow hunter to ride blurrg." "Teach him? I can't-" "I have spoken." Kuiil walks away and towards the pen where the Blurrgs are.

I huff standing up and ringing my hair out. "What's your problem?" I ask the Mandalorian as he watches me. He simply looks away. I stand in front of him and cross my arms. "You'll have to speak sometime." I look in his helmet and fix my hair smiling.