Destroy this... Sickness

I sit on the rock awaiting Ashoka. The morning was early and the air was still crisp in the cold air. "Sleep well?" Din toddles out of his place taking a seat beside me with the child. I cuddle his arm leaning my head on it. I shake my head. He takes his glove off feeling my forehead. "Burning up." I nod. "I dreamt it again." "We're going to figure it out." I nod quietly, millions of questions in my head.

The split sound of a saber opening startles me. I turn around just in time to dodge the blade of the saber from Ashoka. "Are you crazy?!" I yell in shock. She smiles at me. "You're sensitive. That's good." She charges me again, this time allowing me to launch the blade of my saber and defend myself. She stikes at my legs only to have it blocked and her legs swept out from under her. I point my blade down at her with a smirk. "Reaction time is excellent." Ashoka raised her hand, in seconds my saber is floating in the air. "Get it." I raise my hand and focus. I sigh resting my hands on my knees before trying again. "I can't." Ashoka furrows her brows in surprise. "Come, sit."

I do as told sitting in front of her. She places her hands on my head breathing in. Her breathe starts to heave and the pace speeds up. Her eyes open, but they're pitch black. She yells loudly, shuffling herself backward away from me. She looks to Din in fear.

"Those stories you heard. Do they ring true?" Din asks her in worry. Ashoka leans on her knee catching her breath, "Her mind is being absorbed by the darkness." She looks towards me. "How long have you had these visions?" I gulp my nerves running. "Not long ago. I had them once before when we fought in the war, but I was able to cut them off. This time they're stronger." She nods. "Aria Solo, I say this as a fellow friend. Do not give in. You are on the verge of darkness. You must stay strong." "Is there anything I can do?" Ashoka closes her eyes, "A root from a tree. You'll go through hell, but you will either defeat the darkness or fall into its depths." "What is this tree called?" "It is her tree. You will have to find it. There are several around."

"Just any tree?" I narrow my eyes. Ashoka shakes her head. "You must go alone on this search. Find yourself. Find your tree." She pushes me forward shocking me. "Oh, right now? I can't pack up a lunch?" "All things needed will be provided." I huff crossing my arms, "A trail walk? This has to be a joke-" Once I turn around I see the foggy forest. "I don' think I should- Where'd you go?" I ask aloud as I see no one behind me now. "This is weird."

I take a step feeling heavy. "Tree. How the hell do I find my tree?" I placed my hands against one feeling the bark. "Yep, that's a tree." I continue feeling the large weight on my shoulders. "You're struggling." A young girl laughs. I turn around and see myself. "I am." She walks alongside me, swinging her arms. "You're not going to find it." I stop looking down at her. "I'm not going to or you don't want me to?" She smiles at me, her eyes narrowing. "That's up to you. Do you want to really defeat the darkness?" I look down at my hands. "I do." She giggles, "Not for yourself. For Din. You're worried." I nod looking ahead. "I am." My feet carry me along the wooded area. "You'll kill him." I nod. "I don't want that." "You'll kill Han." "I don't want that." "But you like how the power feels." She giggles again trotting around. I stop looking at her. "What's your name." "What do you mean? I'm you!" I shake my head, "No, you're not. What's your name?" "Aria Dukoo." She raises her hand throwing me back into a tree. "The choice is yours. Make the right one. The future is in your hands." I look up to the tree I'm leaning against. The branches illuminating white light such as my saber does. I touch the bark feeling the power and tingles of the magic held within. "You have reached me." A voice speaks loudly. I turn around looking for someone, but I am alone. "You have reached me. What do you seek?" The voice trails off again. "I have a sickness. It's eating me away." "You wish to destroy this... sickness?" "I do." Suddenly branches come out from the ground surrounding me. "Please, take as you please." The branches hold up roots of the tree. I grab one and trail my finger over the carved waves. "This will help?" "If that is what you seek." I bite into the root and immediately my tongue goes numb, my throat swells, and I drop to the dirt falling out of consciousness.