Rescue

Din slides next to me on the bench as we fly through the atmosphere. He places his hand on my knee, slinging his arm around my shoulders and tugging me into his grasp. He holds me tightly in his arms.

"I'm so sorry, Aria. I can't keep doing this to myself." I smile against his Beskar. "I saved myself, Din." He shakes his head, "I'm being serious. From now on, you stay by my side at all times. I'll die if separated from you again. Please, promise me, beautiful." I run my fingers under his mask. I trace his lips with my index finger. He kisses it so sensually, wishing it was my mouth. "I promise, love."

~

I sit in the ship awaiting Din and Fett's arrival. They went to go persuade Bo-Katan to join us. I stare at Dr. Pershing. "You've changed my DNA more times than I could've been born. Gifted me with imperceptible strength, power over the force with a single blink, and a deadly devotion." He nods silently. "What happens when I use it on you?" He shivers knowing the true power I contain. I let the lightning tingle in my fingertips. "Just one... little... zap." I pinch his cheek making him shriek

"Having fun?" Din enters with amusement. I smirk crossing my arms. "I am. He's not."

"Aria. Pleasant to see you once again." I take her hand, "thank you for your help." She nods, "it's been an equal trade."

Bo-Katan and her fellow Mandalorian Koska Reeves agree to help rescue Grogu in exchange for Bo-Katan getting the Darksaber from Gideon and the Mandalorian considering her offer to help them liberate Mandalore.

Bo-Katan sat at the hologram of the blueprints, "This is Moff Gideon's Imperial light cruiser. In the old days, it would carry a crew of several hundred. Now it operates with a tiny fraction of that."

The Doctor shakes his head, "Your assessment is misleading. This isn't subterfuge. I assure you." Bo-Katan allows him to continue. "There's a garrison of dark troopers on board. They are the ones who abducted the Child."

"How many troopers do they have armed in those suits?"

"These are third-generation designs. They are no longer suits. The human inside was the final weakness to be solved. They're droids." I roll my eyes looking at Din, "your favorite."

"Where are they bivouacked?"

"They're held in cold storage in this cargo bay. They draw too much power to be kept at ready."
"How long to power up?"
"A few minutes, perhaps."

"Where is the Child being held?"

"This is the brig. He's being held here under armed guard." Bo-Karan nods, "Very well. We split into two parties." I smile at Din but he looks away. "I go alone. Aria stays in the ship." "Are you serious? What happened to being at your side?" "In normal situations, yes. In this? No. We're in and out. Better for you to keep a lookout." "But I-" "it's final."

We use Dr. Pershing's shuttle to get close enough to crash land on Gideon's cruiser, with Fett pretending to attack them in Slave I before attacking the Imperials. Bo-Katan, Koska, Fennec, and Dune fight through stormtroopers to the cruiser's bridge.

Din waits for the silence to hit before standing. He turns to me, "I love you." I place my hands under his helmet, on his cheeks. "I love you, Din."

He leaves with the hopes of getting the child back into our safety. As I wait I feel the itch. Something's not right. He needs me. I know he needs me.

I fling my cloak upon my shoulders and exit the craft following the trail of bodies and vibrations of blasters. A distant voice around the corner speaks, "Mesmerizing, isn't it? Used to belong to Bo-Katan. Yes. I know you've been traveling with Bo-Katan. A friendly piece of advice, assume that I know everything. Like the fact that your wrist launcher has fired its one and only salvo." I sigh, out of frustration. This is exactly why I needed to come along! He never listens!