001 | best dad

the princess saves herself in this one

THE SOUND OF AN ALAMRCLOCK woke up the sleeping beauty that laid on her bed

THE SOUND OF AN ALAMRCLOCK woke up the sleeping beauty that laid on her bed. She stirred under the blankets, letting out a soft grunt as she reached over to switch the off button on the clock. Silence returned into the room, snuggling up in every corner as the blue-haired girl resumed her previous position, slowly allowing sleep to hold her.

Until the loud voice of her father ruined it.

"IT'S A BEAUTIFUL MORNING, SERENA! TIME TO GET UP!" The said girl groaned, her eyes clenching shut as he ripped open the curtains of her room, the sun's rays barging into her room just as her dad did.

"Dad," she whined, shoving a pillow into her face in an attempt to block the light that seemed to become brighter in every moment that passed.

"No whining today, my love," Her father, Rin, spoke as he tugged at the blanket she clutched close to her chest. "You've got to get up, or you're going to be late for your entry test at UA."

"Do I have to go?" she questioned, opening one eye, slowly becoming used to the amount of light in her bedroom.

Rin gasped, "Of course you do! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! You've gotten in by recommendations! You don't want to..." Serena zoned out, ignoring the rest of her father's scolding.

"Ugh, fine. I'll get up just, please, stop talking," she muttered, throwing the blanket off of her body once she sat up. Rin grinned broadly, brushing off his daughter's comment. He was used to her coldness by now. Ever since her mother passed away, Serena changed. Rin knew everything. His daughter had told him how she froze time and was stuck for a very long time. He had cried himself to bed that night. His baby girl was forced to survive by herself in a place of isolation. But that was in the past. All he could do now was help her be the best version of herself. He'd do anything for her. She was his whole universe.

"Take care of our little angel, Rin," Sakura, Serena's mother, said quietly as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"I will," he promised, holding his wife close to his body as his own tears leaked out of his eyes. Blood was pooling out of a massive wound in her waist. She was stabbed by a villain that the cops managed to arrest shortly after. However, there was nothing anyone could do to save the women.

"She's going to become a strong hero one day," said Sakura, her body trembling as the blood loss slowly began to affect the rest of her body.

"Just like her mother," sniffed Rin, his fingers entangled into the soft blue hair of his lover. Sakura smiled warmly, reaching up to place her hand on his cheek. Rin leant into her palm, memorising the softness of it.