Part 12: Security

Keene was in charge of the security around Wellston, and he was watching the students through his screen. One of them flickered, and he blinked. He clicked on his screen, and it came back into focus. Keene sighed, and walked away from his computer, not noticing that now all of them were flickering. Abruptly, they came to a calm. But now someone else could see through them.

**********

Headmaster Vaughn looked outside the window at his students. He tried to understand each and every one of them, and loved all of them in a unique way. Seraphina, a strong student, skilled in both her ability and mind. He felt a sadness when she had seemingly lost her ability. Arlo, another strong student that had a mindset suited for a king. And John... a late bloomer that knew how it felt to be both strong and weak. The school needed someone like him to unite the school. Although right now it was chaos, John could fix that. A ding came from his computer and Vaughn checked his gmail. New mail from... who was this? 

***********

FROM: unknown_._

Hello Vaughn. 

I'm not here to annoy you. Just stay out of my way, and I won't harm anyone at your precious school. But right now, I'm close to coming for one of your high tiers... John was it? And maybe Arlo too. Not Seraphina. We already have her covered.

Goodbye

***********

Vaughn read the gmail over and over again. If this was true... there had been EMBER attacks around Wellston. His students were strong, but EMBER was an organization built to take down high tiers. Seraphina had lost her ability... they could overcome the Royals in the same way. He wasn't going to risk any more of his students like this. He'd have to increase the security...

The mail suddenly self destructed and disappeared. Vaughn cursed. He should have saved it somewhere as some proof and maybe a lead. But he remembered the user. unknown_._   . What did they want from high tiers?  Vaughn picked up his phone.

*ring ring* *click*

Keene: Hello headmaster.

Vaughn: I need you to tighten up security. I got an email from someone, and they seem like they could be a threat. Check the user unknown_._ for me.

Keene: I was just checking on the cameras, and once I'm done, I'll do what you say.

Vaughn: Thanks Keene.

***********

Remi was about to walk out the gates when the invisible net around it tightened, blocking Remi from leaving the school. Blyke and Isen had been a little ahead of her and they were outside. 

Blyke: Remi?

Remi: I can't seem to leave. You guys just get this package and take it to my room. Even if this person was being truthful about wanting to help us defeat John, we can't have something like a bomb go off in school. 

Blyke and Isen both nodded, then headed on their way. During the meantime, Remi checked her own phone to make sure they were getting there at the right time.

*********

claire_._.

Hey Remi.

I know this seems stalkerish to do this, but I know how you're feeling right now, being defeated so badly and all. I have something to help you I promise. Check the bush under the cherry tree at 3:00 and I promise I have something to help you.

Hope to see you soon, Claire

**********

Claire. She was the same person in her dream, at John's school, and this email. It couldn't be a coincidence. Claire was plotting something, and Remi wanted to find out what.

**********

Arlo was walking around the school with John trailing him. Arlo felt uncomfortable and walked a bit faster...

*wHaM!*

Arlo had smacked into the headmaster that was had just come around the corner. Arlo blinked.

Arlo: Oh, sorry headmaster. 

Vaughn: It's OK. I just need you for something. John back there, I need you too. 

John, who had just been snickering, stood up straight and nodded. The three walked to Vaughn's office without a word.

**********

Vaughn: Arlo and John, right now you two are my strongest students in the school right now. I have to make new rules and arrangements for you guys. You two have a curfew time of 6:00, and stick together when outside of school. 

Arlo and John looked at each other with distaste, but they whipped around, eyes round with shock.

You two are sharing a room from now on.

***********