deep down desert

I had no other choice but to go and drive to where my dad was . México . It's like a few miles far south, its like jumping the border but I'm really not, my dad just works there, and oddly it's easy enough to get through.

' ID PLEASE ' a tall man said

' uhm is Peter Austin Levine still here ? ' I asked

' PAL ? '

' huh ? excuse me ? ' i asked confusingly

' Why are you looking for Sergeant Levine ? ' A corporal Davis asked coming towards me

' my father ' I slowly spoke

' take them to base camp '

They told us to get out the car and go jump in the jeep with em . It took quite awhile to get to the base camp a few minutes MORE south, a soldier pointed at a man turned around talking to many soldiers .

' Sergeant '

he turned around and dad mouthed the words ' my kids '

We ran and gave him hugs and I started crying, after years I thought I'd never see him again but this is now, the moment I've always dreamt and wished of

' whats wrong ? ' he asked smiling, he thought it was a good kind of cry but honestly its not .

' Jerry, moms boyfriend has been abusing us, whenever we told mom she wouldn't believe a word we say . Hes always drunk dad . He threatened to kill us with a broken bottle of sauza '

' wheres your mom ? ' dad asked looking around

' 5 years ago she left to work in Canada and we haven't heard from her about 2 months ago ' Harvey said groaning about his arm

Dad noticed it was a little dislocated so he was taken to the base camp nurse and he was all wrapped up in a cast - Harvey finally smiled . I smiled . I told dad how horrifying it was living with jerry and 10 years without him, he said we can't stay in this base camp forever . he called his sister aunt cammie, the fun aunt . He promise he'd visit every fifteenth of the month, I'm happy that we can all be safe but far away from him . Basically we're flying to Beverly Hills, to live and to have a comfortable living space with my aunt . Im glad .

*

' auntie cam ' i hugged her tight kinda breaking a little

I took my siblings bags and carried it upstairs while i hear auntie cams voice fade away as i get farther and farther apart from them . Imagine me moving from Arizona all the way to Beverly Hills, thats a major change for me and especially my little siblings but at least they'll be safe and happy I hope I'll be like that soon enough to forget about the terrifying past . I just hope .
I went to school and yes my aunt signed me up for cheerleading and a bunch of things she remembered I wanted to be in . I got it all . My mom would never let me do all the activities I want I don't know why .

So luckily I got in . I got in . the cheerleading squad . My dreams are fulfilled ! I've been accepted to the dance class . IM THRILLED . Everyday in school people notice me and I make new friends and I'm glad I have friends but meanwhile I don't really have bestfriends or people to hang out with for the meanwhile ... I don't eat lunch .. I go across the street and buy myself them mexican foods, the mexican man's becoming my lunch friend .. this is crazy .

hey !

Hi ..

Aneena, Aneena Roberts . Half white half black and possibly maybe your new friend ?

Nice to meet you Aneena . I'm Tara Levine, and maybe we can be bestfriends ??

That sounds great