"Before I share this news, I would like you all to keep it to yourselves." Nile wants us to keep it a secret and we respect him. "Erwin, I received information from the royal government, and they've figured out a way to alleviate the food shortage within these remaining walls."

Erwin didn't know what the royal government's intentions were, so he continued to listen. "Is there a solution to this current problem?"

"We do, but the sad thing is... it's the only solution." Nile's tone of voice shifted, which concerned all of us in the room.

"What is their intention?" Erwin asked, and I wanted to know as much as he did.

Nile takes a deep breath before speaking. "The royal government wants to start a retrieval operation this upcoming year of 846 to retake Wall Maria..."

Erwin and I stare at him in great shock after learning about this piece of news. It brings my attention to all the innocent people within the walls, thinking why the royal government wants to lead them to a hoard of titans that are invading the southern districts.

"Right now, the military is summoned to draft refugees and citizens for cruel operation until we have at least two hundred fifty thousand people."

Erwin's face was pale, as shocked as I was. "So what you're saying is... the royal government is willing to push twenty percent of the human population to their death?"

"This is their only trump card, and the operation can start now as we speak. There is no way for us military branches to refuse the government's choices..."

I see now. So challenging the royal government is like dousing yourself with oil and running into fire. This mission assigned by them is like intentionally feeding humans to the titans. They are willing to send soldiers and civilians from Wall Maria back out to reclaim the lost lands from the titans.

I lower my head, feeling helpless as of right now. My mind keeps telling me to do something before it's too late and sitting here will solve nothing while more people are getting eaten like insects.

"This is nothing more than a ploy by the royal government to cut the population to fix the food shortage crisis of Wall Rose, am I right?" Levi was staring at Nile from across, his legs crossed together on the edge of the table. "This is basically a suicide mission."

"Correct." Nile didn't deny it.

I then slam the table, surprising all of them in the room. "There has to be another way! What the royal government is plotting will solve nothing! I highly doubt the operation is going to work!"

Erwin and Nile are both in agreement here, but there is no way for us to stop this operation since it's the royal government we're speaking of.

"I completely understand how you feel, Sina." Erwin stares at me with saddened eyes. "I also wished this day wouldn't come, but it did."

"We will have to see how this operation will turn out..." Nile sighed in disappointment. "The royal government will regret this."

"Don't forget the fact that we have to carry out this mission as well." Levi interrupted us. "We are not just going to sit here worrying about the shitty government."

"Levi is right." Erwin agrees with him. "We should quickly take action and consider this as a new mission. A very difficult one."

Our heads snapped back to the door when we heard a loud knock and a male voice called out. "Commander Erwin! I've brought them here with me!"

Erwin was surprised, and he finally stood from his seat. "Ah, please bring them in."

When the door opened, the first thing my eyes saw were familiar faces and my mouth hung open in surprise.