Erwin can feel the intensity of silence in the air, so he attempts to make things less awkward for us by offering me some tea as well. "It may be too late, but I am deeply sorry for my actions in the Underground District." Erwin suddenly brings up the past, and he is apologizing to both of us. "And Levi, about Farlan and Isabel..."

"It wasn't your fault." Levi dismisses him, waving a hand to cut him off. "I just didn't save them in time... and I acted selfish."

"If only I hadn't dragged them along with you, they would still be here today." Erwin still feels guilty, but Levi thinks that the past is in the past. "And Sina, I'm sorry you had to suffer alone in the Underground. You must've been very lonely."

"Don't worry about it. I'm just glad to find peace between us." I reassure him, hoping he won't have to carry this burden anymore. He only did it because that was his job under the Military Police and possibly the King.

And since when did Levi become his right-hand man?

"I know you two have a lot to catch up on, but I want to jump right into something with you, Sina." Erwin then takes a seat between us at the very end of the table and his hands interlace together.

I nodded. "I'm listening."

Something was lingering in his eyes, which meant he had bad news to deliver to me. "Yesterday morning, the titans breached the walls."

My pupils dilated as a swarm of fear encompassed me, leaving me speechless. The walls were built to protect humanity from the titans. "How... did this happen?"

There was pure hatred and disgust in Levi's eyes, and it tells me how much he resents those monsters.

Erwin then continued to add on. "I received many reports about a fifty-meter titan, destroying the gate of Shiganshina District and allowing the titans to rapidly spread within the wall," he said in defeat. "Not only that, but another titan also appeared with armored-like skin, destroying the next gate that leads to Wall Maria for titans to invade even further."

"Are you telling me, those titans are eating thousands and thousands of innocent people as we speak?" I never wished this day to happen to humanity, and we are now living in a nightmare.

I couldn't even take a sip of my tea, and my eyes stared down at the table in great horror. The titans are probably on their way to devour us right now.

"I understand it's a lot to take in all at once. But you have the right to know."

"And why are you telling me this...?"

"I've summoned you here for a specific reason." Erwin remains formal. "And it concerns your graduation from the training corps, Sina."

"Graduation?" I lift my head to find Erwin staring back at me with some seriousness. "But... I still have years left on my training."

"But do you wish to join the Survey Corps?" Erwin paused dramatically. "With Levi?"

"Stop dragging her into this!" Levi gives us a look with a mixture of disbelief and pity. "I can't believe it. Why can't you just have her work in some craft workshop or something?"

"But according to Keith Shadis, she has maintained top marks from the very start of her training." he then gives me a promising look. "I suppose you'd make a fine soldier, Sina."

My mind starts racing as sweat trickles down my temple, not knowing what to say. It's so sudden that I can't even remain calm and I don't think I'm as skilled at the Survey Corps yet. All of this is putting a lot of pressure and expectations on me.

"The Survey Corps is desperately short on manpower." Erwin continued. "We need fresh blood like you, Sina."

I then thought about it, but Levi was indirectly telling me to decline across the table with his cold, steely eyes. Even though I do not wish to be separated from Levi, I am not capable... or maybe that's just my fear speaking.