chapter twenty-five

Depuis le début

With my wet hair in a bun, I quickly grab a matching black set of sweatpants and a tank top and change into them, already feeling a bit more refueled to get through the day.

I'm spending it with Sammy and nothing can make me get in a bad mood. I will enjoy all the moments I can get with him.

Before I can even begin to search for my cellphone, my belly hurts by the lack of food on it and I decide to go downstairs for a quick breakfast. I know the Stone's wake up as early as possible for their 'business' so luckily, I won't meet anyone.

At least I hope so.

The way to the kitchen is quick now that I know by memory the path to it but still with my every step, I take a moment to analyze the entire place. It screams fanciness and wealth and I don't think I'll ever be truly comfortable around it. Even though it's gorgeous, it lacks something, the comfort of your home.

I've lost that when my mom died.

"The night was good, huh?" Kayla's voice comes from the kitchen the moment I step into and a startled gasp leaves my lips, these siblings really know how to scare someone. I was so lost in my thoughts that I haven't even noticed her tall slim figure sitting on top of the cabinets.

Her honey-blonde hair is up in a messy ponytail, which I don't know-how, makes her even more pretty and her hands are playing with her long black nails. A cup of dark coffee and a half-eaten pancake takes place next to her.

She chuckles at my reaction and I show her my middle finger, a funny and caring gesture for the two of us, before grabbing a cup of the coffee that's already on top of the counter.

I lean against it and take a sip of the bitter liquid in front of me before playing the innocent card with her. The one thing I've learned with Kayla and her brother is that I can't give out information they don't know or else they can use it against me later.

"What do you mean with that?"

"You moan way too loud," I almost choke on my drink and I widen my dark brown eyes at her but that only makes a laugh escape from her red lips, "I assume the sex was good, right? From what I've heard my brother definitely knows how to fuck."

My lips curl in a smirk before I even get the chance to answer and I know Kayla figured out the entire thing when she winks at me. I don't think she wants to know every detail about our night.

"Do you know where he is by the way? Not that I care." The emphasis I put on the last sentence makes the girl in my front catch me in the lie immediately but I thank mentally her for not asking what happened now in the morning, how dumb I was for even consider that he would be by my side.

"No, sorry, Lina but our dad was really pissed before he left so there might be something with it." She's short in her answer and probably doesn't want to something she might regret. I understand her side and nod, not wanting to continue the conversation.

I take another gulp of the strong coffee, needing it to get me through the day.

"I'm going to visit Sammy today, ok? Don't expect me for lunch."

Now it's her turn to nod, a huge smile dancing on her lips from the mention of my little brother and I blow her a kiss before leaving the kitchen, going straight to my bedroom to gather all my things.