Chapter 10: Gas Station & Mugged

Start from the beginning

    My eyes grew wide of wonder. "And?"

     "And he warned me if I told her...he'd release this sex tape of my sister. It would destroy my sister if it got out. So I can't." He said, his voice breaking.

     Luke is like a devil.

    "He blackmailed you?" I spat. "And may I ask what kind of sex tape was it?"

"It's a sex tape of my sister with her boyfriend. And it would destroy my sister if it got out. And of course, I won't tell Victoria because I can't let that tape get released." He said, and he sounded fearful of it.

"It's so terrible, Logan. I'm sorry about it all had happened. But what did you see in April anyway?"

He hesitated again and still driving along the freeway that seemed to last for hours as we drove.

"She was different. But she was pretty and I enjoyed her company. But mostly, we connected through understanding each other. Her father was an alcoholic and my mother was a drug addict. And we both came from dysfunctional families. So...that's how we connected." He said.

      I put my hand on my heart and I practically cried in silence for him.

   "It sounds like she was your soulmate. But now she's dating Christopher and I feel like she's not right for him. I care about his heart. And I can't stand the thought of him getting hurt." I said, feeling anxious of how it all sounded when I said it.

   "April is fiery and to handle her...it's like trying to take cover during a hurricane." He chuckled, joking about it.

    Wow, I thought.

   "Really?" I asked.

   "But she was beautiful, I gotta give her that. I was clueless. But she was amazing, and lovely. But in others...bossy, clingy, needy, controlling and possessive." He told me.

    I knew it!

     I knew April caused trouble. Or that April is trouble. I honestly cannot stand her. She's this perfect little blonde but inside there is a demon to her. Demons are angels but angels are also demons. I wouldn't know what exactly happens so quickly amongst everything, I feel like the love I have for Christopher won't happen because of April. Does Logan still love April? But of course he doesn't since he admitted he rather not go back to her or even bear to look at her since she cheated on him with Luke.

   "Then why did you stay with her, Logan? No one deserves to be treated that way...the way she treated you." I told him.

    "Sometimes it's hard to walk away from a relationship than stay in one." He stepped on the gas pedal moving past a McDonald's, a grocery plaza and a motor vehicles.

   "April was a nightmare to you, Logan." I crossed my arms.

     Outside the rain got even harder this time as I thought about Logan and April. It's not something I should be thinking about or fooling with or dealing with. Why do I care so much about April and Logan's last relationship? I can't quite imagine anything worse or better right now than things are. I stared at Logan who stopped a few red lights as he kept driving in between.

     I wanted to know what Logan was thinking. What was he thinking? Was he ma at me for asking about April? I wanted to know so much. But I honestly couldn't explain it. I never knew Logan so much until tonight. But the part I remember is that day on the football field during cheerleading practice... and I watched him.

    "Let me tell you about April. She will mess with you physically. And emotionally. She doesn't care if she hurts you. One time she wanted to sleep with me... but I told her I didn't feel ready yet and neither was she. But she made me. And we slept together... but the next day she was in school bragging about our sex life to her friends and my friends. And she honestly didn't care. And on the camp trip, I caught her and Luke fucking in the woods." He explained.